• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello

Hi! I think my story is pretty straightforward, at least as much as Crohn's can be.

I was diagnosed about seven years ago after about six months of severe cramping. I ended up losing about 50 lbs before I finally woke up and went to see a doctor. My first round of treatment was 6mp and Pentasa, then I switched to Remicade infusions. Then my insurance ran out.

Since then, I actually managed pretty well on no medication, but last year I had a really bad flare-up and lost 50 lbs again. Tried Enticort with no luck, but prednisone worked a treat and got me back to fighting weight in record time. I just had another mini-flare-up and I’m tapering off the prednisone again now.

Stress seems to be my primary trigger, but especially spicy foods and alcohol can set me off, too.

Now that I'm doing relatively well, I realized I should probably stop lurking on the message boards like these and try to actually give back a little.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi redward and :welcome:

I'm glad you found your way here. I hope the Pred takes care of this flare and it's good tpo hear that you are well. This is a safe and friendly place with loads of friendly and knowledgeable people. I hope you stick around and share your experiences and own knowledge with us.

Welcome aboard!

All the best, :)
Dusty

Astra

Hi redward
and welcome

Glad you're feeling better with the Pred! It healed me too! I'm now in remission!
Spicy foods and alcohol cripple me too!
glad you found us, stick around, lots of friends on here for you
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hi Redward and welcome!! Glad you're doing well. Stick around!! This place can be a lot of fun when you are up to it and a lot of support when you're not!!

hi Redward & welcome to the forum. my heart sank when i misread your name at first, thought Jedward had signed up! :ylol2:

glad you stopped lurking and came in to join us :) looking forward to seeing you around the forum.