• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi everyone!

Hi! My name is Julie and I'm a 35 year old female. I began having issues in August 2009 with loose stools and passing blood. Things kept getting worse and my general practitioner kept telling me to give it time...after much urging, her finally refered me to a gastro and I was diagnosed with Colitis and was put on Prednizone. We went through a myriad of different drugs all of which would work for a few days and then things would backslide again. I ended up in the hospital in November after passing large amounts of blood. They got me stabilized and we tried more treatments...none of them successful. In January, I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease and started taking Humira in February. Again, things were better for about two weeks and then deteriorated again. I have never had any pain with my Crohn's and things start getting bad so gradually, that I don't always know how sick I am until I'm really sick. I ended up in the hospital again in late April after passing more blood. I was given 2 units of blood and 4 liters of fluids to get things back on track. I had a colonoscopy at this point and had developed fistulas and severe irritiation in the bowel and my gastro decided it was time to talk to the Mayo Clinic. I was released from the hospital after eight days and checked into Mayo on the 9th day. After my 2nd colonoscopy in one week, I had a loop ileostomy on May 7th and things went extrememly well. I felt better immediately. I am currently on Azothiaprine and Remicade. My health has been great all except for some skin issues with the flange. I switched to a non-adhesive appliance and have had great success. Now, I am waiting for the call to go back to Mayo to see if I'm ready for my reversal. They wanted me to wait 4-6 months and I was shooting for five. I have been blessed with some really incredible doctors, nurses, and surgeons on this journey and am excited to see how it all goes! I'm also excited to be among all of you. Thanks for reading!

Julie

Last edited:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Julie and :welcome:

It's so good to hear that you finally have some relief from your symptoms, YAY! If you haven't already found it we have a stoma forum here that you may be interested in and there are others posting in here that have or are expecting to have reversals..........

http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46

I hope you stick around as this is friendly place with heaps of info and experience and you will be a most welcome addition!

Alll the best, :)
Dusty

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hi Julie,welcome!! You've had quite a rough ride!! I'm glad the ostomy has given you such relief. I hope the remi is doing it's thing and you can get the reversal. Good luck!!

Hi Julie, welcome and I'm glad your doing better. I hope things continue to improve and you get your reversal when you hope to. Enjoy the Forum.

Hi,

You have come to the right place for great information along with great people. I am new to the forum as well and just can not say enough about it. Welcome!! enjoy yourself and you are never alone, when you are part of a comm. such as this.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Welcome Julie!!! :bigwave: glad are your are here and doing well. Having good doctors are what we all would like to have, saves a lot less worry! Hope you continue to do well.