Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Parents of Kids with IBD » Night before procedure day

08-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
amirah
Banned

Night before procedure day

Hi, well tomorrow my little princess will being having biopsys and 2 camers done,
im so nervious and scared for her, infact im sick to ma stomach. is this normal? or do you think im over reacting?
i just hope we find out tomorrow an dont have to wait, all i want is to get her sorted an pain free and comfortable.
can i ask you ? is there any questions you think i should ask? as my mind always seems to go blank .
anyway sorry for going on and on. x x x
08-19-2010, 04:01 PM   #2
Silvermoon

I don't have children, but I am thinking it is probably a normal feeling. And I definitely don't think you are over reacting at all (((((((((((((((((( amirah )))))))))))).

Not sure (right now) about what questions to ask, but some really good ideas we have come up with for ourselves is: when you DO think of a question, write it down, maybe in a small notebook you can carry in your purse or something.... then, when you DO see the doctor, you will remember to ask.

It is very normal to forget things when you see them face to face, as there is so much going on, and they tend to give YOU lots of stuff to think about too. So don't at all feel bad for having "brain farts"... that is pretty normal.

I wish I could offer you so much more, but at least something is being done for your little one. Hopefully some answers will come of it.

And don't EVER feel sorry for going on and on. Sometimes we don't have answers for you, but we are always here to help.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((amirah)))))))))))))) sending heaps of warm hugs and wishes. Let us know how it all goes...
08-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #3
DustyKat
Super Moderator

im so nervious and scared for her, infact im sick to ma stomach. is this normal? or do you think im over reacting?
YES!!!!!! this is definitely normal. Roo is 18 and has been in remission for 4 years and I'm still worrying! So if anyone's over reacting it's me! Seriously though amirah I think there would be something wrong if you weren't sick to your stomach. She is your baby and will always be your baby and this is a very normal part of being a Mum when our kids are healthy let alone when they're not, in fact I think worry is one of the things we do very well at.

I guess the main question I would ask at this point is - when will we know the results - the waiting is the hardest part but if you have some idea of when you will have an answer it at least it gives you some focus. Then based on the results the next question either way will be - where do we go from here.

HTH,
Dusty
08-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
TJOHNSON

Hi Amirah, I write everything down in a notebook I carry in my purse. My daily symptoms, foods I eat that day, and any questions I need to bring up at my next appointment. It is soooo normal to be nervous Good luck to you
08-19-2010, 05:41 PM   #5
maxibear

My Support Groups:
wishing your daughter the best
emergency stricturplasty surgury april 1, 2010- april fools on me, lol, dianosed mid april chrones, although i had no symptoms- currently on pentassa 8 blue ones a day, vit d, liquid fish oil, and a bunch of other great drugs for my i various problems.
08-19-2010, 06:08 PM   #6
gypsigirl28

My Support Groups:
Yes it is definetly normal to feel the way you do. everything you are feeling is normal and expected trust me. When Madasin goes in for procedures kelley and I are the same way. i hopeyou find something out tomorrow too. Hopefully they dont make you wait until biopsies are all back. Which is what they do to us everytime.
with UC
08-19-2010, 06:20 PM   #7
Dexky
To save time...Ask Dusty!

My Support Groups:
Amirah, I have lost 40 pounds to worry since EJ's dx. It's not just a Mum thing. Dads feel the same way. It's perfectly normal!!! If you didn't worry, you would not be normal!! I hope they find out what's going on so you all can start fighting back with an informed dx.

EJ dx w/ Crohn's 12/09
PSC 3/10

No more 6mp
Currently in the Humira Club
08-19-2010, 06:51 PM   #8
Crohn's 35
Inactive Account

Amirah, I have a young daughter who was in the hospital many years ago and when they put the IV in I cried and couldnt watch. Watching your child even just sick with a cold makes a mom or dad be scared too. WE want to know how it turns out so please let us know and huge big hugs to all of you and a flower for your precious one.
08-20-2010, 01:43 AM   #9
amirah
Banned

thanks everyone for your kind messages,i didnt sleep last nite with worry,
anyway my princess is going down sometime this afternoon.... so fingerscrossed all goes ok .will let you know x
08-20-2010, 04:08 AM   #10
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Thinking about you and your little princess................

Dusty.
08-20-2010, 04:11 PM   #11
amirah
Banned

well my little girl had it done at 3pm this afternoon, they did 2 cameras and 8 biopsys, she also had bad reaction to the general they gave her. unfortunatly we wont know anything till biopsys come back

Last edited by amirah; 08-20-2010 at 04:13 PM.
08-20-2010, 05:37 PM   #12
gypsigirl28

My Support Groups:
I am glad the test our over for you. Hopefully results come back quickly. we are thinking about you and your princess!!!! Did she run a fever from the general?
08-20-2010, 08:50 PM   #13
Dexky

My Support Groups:
well my little girl had it done at 3pm this afternoon, they did 2 cameras and 8 biopsys, she also had bad reaction to the general they gave her. unfortunatly we wont know anything till biopsys come back
Keep us updated Amirah!! I'm glad that's all over for her!!
08-20-2010, 08:54 PM   #14
Crohn's 35
Inactive Account

Waiting is the worst part sometimes, depending on some, they can take a least a week or more. Hopefully your little one is coping. Lets hope they find some answers! Please keep us updated!
08-22-2010, 01:52 AM   #15
amirah
Banned

Hi gypsigirl . yes she ran temp of 104.5 for over 24hours and had problems with her heart rate and breathing.
thankyou so much for all your kind thougths and wishes it mean so much to us.
08-22-2010, 01:41 PM   #16
gypsigirl28

My Support Groups:
Hi amirah, That happens to Madasin everytime she has went under for procedures. She has had four colonoscopies and endocopies and every single time she comes out with a fever. This last time August 3 it was 103.8 for a few days before it finally broke, a few times she had to have oxygen when she came out of OR.
Maybe it is because of the general and the fact that they are so little. I am not sure.

How is she doing now?? You and your princess our in our thoughts and prayers always. My heart goes out to you, we know what you are going through. If you need anything please feel free to ask.
Take care
lots of hugs
08-22-2010, 03:39 PM   #17
Jerman

Hope your little angel is feeling much better really soon.
08-23-2010, 03:51 PM   #18
amirah
Banned

Hi all, we saw the Gi today as my little princess had started bleeding again, they have said there going to rush the biopsys though quicker.
How long does it usually take?
08-23-2010, 04:30 PM   #19
gypsigirl28

My Support Groups:
hi amirah, I can only tell you from our experience, they always say it will take 5 days for byopsies to come back sometimes longer depending what kind of testing they are going to do. Is your princess still in the hospital??
08-23-2010, 08:04 PM   #20
Dexky

My Support Groups:
Amirah, do they think the bleeding is because of the scopes and biopsies? Hope they can rush the results!! Poor girl!!
08-23-2010, 11:15 PM   #21
gypsigirl28

My Support Groups:
I hope she is okay and everything works out. Please let us know when you get the test results.. We are praying for you and you are all in out thoughts.
08-24-2010, 02:04 AM   #22
amirah
Banned

Hi dexky , she had the bleeding before so i think it aint from the scopes, thanks gypseygirl i just hate waiting for these results... yeah she is stil in hospital as she aint stable enough to come home as she has lost too much weight , she is now 16months and is in age 6month clothes.gypsigirl? hows madisin? hope she is better. a big thankyou too all of youx
08-24-2010, 04:00 AM   #23
Dexky

My Support Groups:
Did they say anything about what they saw on the scopes? When EJ had his they said they saw old scars from activity in his stomach.
08-24-2010, 04:27 PM   #24
madasins mommy

I know it is tough as a mom to see your child like this and it is very worrisome...please just hold your head high and stay strong for her...she needs her mommy. i am hoping the best for your princess. she is in our thoughts and prayers. keep us updated. and remember we are here to support you when you need it
best of luck and best wishes to you and your beautiful princess
08-24-2010, 04:31 PM   #25
gypsigirl28

My Support Groups:
Hi amirah, The weight is a hard thing to keep on when they are sick. Maddie is 2 years old and when she got sick at 18 months she was wearing size 2T. But since she got sick she now wears a size 18 months because of the length but can fit into 6-9 months if the length was not to short. it can be very nerve racking waiting for results to come back. I feel for you so much and I am praying my heart out for you little Princess, What is your princess's name? Please let us know when you find out about test. We are all here for you....... Take care and give your princess a big hug from all of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!
08-25-2010, 02:46 AM   #26
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Thinking about you all. Hope all is OK...........
08-25-2010, 02:47 AM   #27
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Thinking about you all. Hope all is OK...........

Lots of love,
Dusty
08-25-2010, 07:19 PM   #28
gypsigirl28

My Support Groups:
sending you good thoughts for your little one
08-28-2010, 08:40 AM   #29
amirah
Banned

just a quick update thing are not going so well, she has got more sick and worse,will go into more detail when i know more
08-28-2010, 08:57 AM   #30
gypsigirl28

My Support Groups:
I am sorry to hear that amirah, Please Please keep us updated when you can, You both are in our thoughts and prayers

Crohn's Disease Forum » Parents of Kids with IBD » Night before procedure day