• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story

my story

i am lucy,im 28, currently divorcing ex husband who i was with from aged 16, we have 2 children charley aged 4 and joshua aged 1.
I have been diagnosed with crohns disease since i was 9. my parents faught for years to find out what was wrong with me, none of the doctors believed them, i was finally diagnosed by great ormand street hospital aged 9. i was put through all the tests, i had needle phobia at the time, my childhood pretty much sucked!.
i am on azathroprine, i have been on pentasa, salphazalazine etc. none of them worked except the drug i am on now :) i have been on steroids several times. i have had 2 lots of bowel surgery one was to get rid of 7 blockages in the bowel and the second op was to fix the narrowing the 1st op has caused.
i was a smoker until 7 weeks ago, i have finally kicked the habbit :) and i couldn't be healthier :)

Welcome, Lucy! Sounds like you've been through a lot - congratulations on quitting smoking! That is so fantastic. And two boys - my, you must have your hands full. You'll find lots of great advice, and very friendly people here. Any time you need to vent or have questions, there's always someone here. Where are you from?

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi again Lucy, :bigwave:

Wow you have been through a lot over the years and some major changes in your life now. I hope the divorce isn't too stressful for you.

It's wonderful to hear that you are feeling so good and congratulations on giving up the ciggies, YAY!

Welcome aboard!

Dusty. :)

Silvermoon

:bigwave: Hi Lucy!! Welcome to the forums!!

And a BIG congrats on giving up the butts!! :rosette2: (It is still one of my vices... just not ready to let go of it yet... :blush: )

Sounds like you could be going through a lot right now emotionally, so if you a need a place to vent, scream, or just feel bummed out, feel free to check out the support forum and write a post about what's goin' on. :)

Otherwise I hoep you enjoy wandering around the forums reading the TON of info we have out there.... a lot of it is incidental, but that makes it all the more pertinent I think.

I too, was diagnosed at a very young age, and read and researched all kinds of stuff in books and on the 'Net, but it wasn't until I joined this fantastic bunch of people that I actually felt like a lot of my symptoms were "normal"...lol.

Glad to see you here, and hopefully get a chance to chat with you again soon. :)

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Welcome Lucy, congrats on your quitting smoking, there are two (your boys) very good reasons to quit if not for your own health.

Stress can play a major role in flares acting up. I was going through a divorce and custody battle in my worst flares. Wasnt long after I had a resection, losing 40 lbs in two months was a sign I wasnt getting any better.

Everyone has a drug that works for them, hopefully you can stablize to enjoy your sons and your life. Great community here for info and friends.! :welcome:

hi Lucy, welcome to forum - i'm glad you found us :)

well done on the quitting smoking!!! i am still battling that particular demon myself, and i know how terribly hard it is to do.

looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

Welcome, Lucy! Sounds like you've been through a lot - congratulations on quitting smoking! That is so fantastic. And two boys - my, you must have your hands full. You'll find lots of great advice, and very friendly people here. Any time you need to vent or have questions, there's always someone here. Where are you from?
thankyou very much for all your lovely positive replies :) yes two boys are a handful especially charley-sean who is 4, i guess with his dad leaving and having an affair with a woman he used call auntie (who is only 20) is alot for him to deal with!. i am currently with someone else who has 3 children of his own. 1 of which is a year older than charley, they fight alot, its their age but so much to take in i guess. we will get there!.
i try not to get too stressed as stress is definately a trigger for me. never good for me to get too stressed!.
not helping also having a teething 1 year old lol :). i look forward to chatting and getting to know you all and helping each other :)

lucy
x

Astra

Hi Lucy
and welcome

I take it you're in UK? (GOSH?)
No wonder you're stressed with 5 kids inc your own! stress is defo a trigger, I've just gone thro divorce, house move etc, and it kicked of my current flare and ended up in hospital for a week!
You've been thro so much, I hope we can be here for you now hun
and well done for quitting the fags, something I can't let go of just yet!!
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

thankyou joan, no not 5 lol. should be, his eldest is 18 i not met him yet lol. he lives away so not yet met lol. we have between us regular, so i have gone from 2 to 4 lol. it can be hard work but totally worth it! we dont live together, but we together most of the time, i really miss them all when we apart, but the peace is nice lol. :)
yeah i live in the uk. hertfordshire, GOSH is only a short train ride away. im 28 now, far too old to go there anymore, but they kept me on until i was 19 :) x