• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Story (in a nut shell)

Hi all,

I was first diagnosed in january of 2008, my gp was useless and believed it to be something different completely but then I dropped from 13 and a half stone to 11 in a matter of 3-4 weeks. I have tried aza, mercap and did no good so I have finally found myself on imfliximab infusions which is the only thing strong enough atm. It was scary at first but over the last 2 and a bit years I have learned to live with it and control my flare ups, discovering what can cause flare ups etc

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Welcome Noth!! I'm glad you joined us. If you have any questions, there are a lot of experienced chronies on here who can help. We'd all like to hear what you have discovered over the last two years as well. All info is welcome here!! Good luck and stick around!!

hi there, welcome to the forum :)

i hear you on the gp misdiagnosing thing... i had the same from our family gp for years and years, so i know how frustrating it is.

glad to hear you're on track now, and have learnt how to keep yourself on an even keel.

i look forward to seeing you around the forum :)

Welcome to the forum:) There are good supportive folks to be found here.

Like dingbat I know what its like battling with the whole GP and misdiagnosing merry go round...

Astra

Hi Northernboy
and welcome fellow Brit

Yeah I had all that frustration too, for donkey's years!
glad you found us, and hope the Infliximab works for many years to come!
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Nothernboy and :welcome:

You have found a great place for support and info! I hope the Remicade continues to work for you. Keep us posted on how things are going and welcome aboard!

All the best, :)
Dusty

Welcome. The nice thing about GP's is there is always another one available. Hope you enjoy us. I have been on here 3 days and have found out I am not alone in this world, Welcome.