• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Feeling Gross :(

Hey You Guys!

Hope you're all doing great! I have a problem. I have really
bad headaches. I'm getting super dizzy. I have really bad pain
in my rectum. And I'm freezing. I think I may have a fever, but my thermometer got lost. Theres a chance I have another abscess, (8th one in the past two years) but I feel like all these symptoms aren't enough to go to the ER. I feel like what's happening isn't as bad as I think. I would like to know what you guys think. Should I go to the ER? Or am I just being a baby?
THANKS SO MUCH!

If you don't feel like it's bad enough to go to the ER, at the very least you should make an appointment with your GP or GI ASAP to see what the problem is. That's what I would recommend.

Also, with this disease we earn the right to be babies when the situation arises. At least that's what I think.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hey Spicey,

Me three! Either way something is definitely not right and you need to have it checked out. Keep us posted!

Take care, :)
Dusty

Astra

Hiya Spicy

I'm gonna fifth this!
Only cos if you've already had 8 of these, then only you know the triggers! If you think this warrants a visit to a doc, then go, nip it in the bud before it escalates!
Personally, I never ignore bad headaches, dizziness and chills, sure sign something's not right!
good luck, let us know how you get on
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Take a look again at your original post......are you really looking for affirmation that you should go to the ER and/or see a doc? I think you def. should see someone - and I think you know something is going on......

Kind of like when my Mom called me one day to start describing her symptoms to see if she should go to the doc....when she got to the chest pain, radiating down her left arm I said YES - and drove down and took her to the ER.....she told me later she knew she needed to go, just neeed a little 'talking into it'.....thankfully it wasn't a heart attack.....still not sure what it was from.......

Hey Guys!

Well I had an appointment with the doctor! I got a blood test and was told I have Mono...it wasn't exactly the result I was expecting. I'm still having pain in my rectum, so I'll probably be seeing my GI. Thanks Again. ;]

I am glad that you went to the doctors, a little surpised at the result though. I am glad that you plan to call the GI doc for the rectum pain. I hope you feel better, from what I know Mono takes a long time to get over. Get lots of rest, you will need it.

take care

Who the hell have you been kissing!? This guy?--> :allright:

Yea, I've been experiencing rectum pain as well (with some blood when I wipe) but I already know it's hemorrhoids and college starts tomorrow too. So, I found my prescription cream and bought two packages of moist wipes w/ Aloe Vera (one for home and one to keep in my backpack).

Last edited:
Hi Spicey. Your results are a suprise. Here's my two cents: I've found that when a person feels bad they get confused; and then put off going to emerg when they really should. Most times the answer is YES, go to the Er. I didn't notice where your location is, but here in Canada you can call the nurse help line; I've done so just to see if they thought I should go to emergency. Both times I called the answer was 'go to Er'. If you think you maybe should; then you probably should.
Hope you're feeling a bit better.
Mia

Well, I saw my GI and I've been in the hospital for two weeks now :( . I had an operation wear the surgeon scraped out the tissue and fistula out of my rectum. It sounded pretty painful so I had an epidural for 4 days, and couldn't eat for 4 days. Boy am I glad I saw a doc! You guys really helped! THANK YOU!

Wow...sounds painful....sure glad you went and got checked out...nothin' like a little rectum reaming to make a person feel better..:biggrin:

All kidding aside...been having bad pain in the rectum lately...scheduled for CT
scan tomorrow, then GI docs Friday...Hope you're feeling better since the surgery!

Jerry

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hey Spicey,

Thanks for the update. Ouch, ouch, ouch!!! I hope you're feeling heaps better now and are well on the way to getting that fistula healed. Keep us posted!

:getwell:

Take care, :)
Dusty

Hi spicey, I am so glad that you went to the GI and you are on the road to recovery.... It sure sounds like it was painful, however better pain now then more complications later.... Get better...

Take care

Oh gosh, that sounds awful ): I'm so glad you saw your doctor and got it sorted before it got any worse. Good luck with recovery :D

Who the hell have you been kissing!? This guy?--> :allright:

Yea, I've been experiencing rectum pain as well (with some blood when I wipe) but I already know it's hemorrhoids and college starts tomorrow too. So, I found my prescription cream and bought two packages of moist wipes w/ Aloe Vera (one for home and one to keep in my backpack).
Ahhh moist wipes at college/uni, I only have one more year of wiping my bum and trying to get out of the toilets as fast as possible so nobody knows that smell was me!

Astra

Hiya Spicy!

so glad you got to see the GI and something was sorted!
speedy recovery, hope you're not in too much pain
xxxxx

Spicey!
We know our bodies better then anyone, so if you don't feel right, go to the doctor! Or call one of those 13HEALTH (that's an Australian number, not sure what country your from) But, you call a number and talk with a doctor and they say whether you need to go in or not.

Funny thing is, they always say come on in!! hehe

Keep healthy <3

Hey Spicey,
Only just seen this post, so glad you went to the doc. LIke Mia said previously, we sometimes think we are over reacting to our symptons and don't think we should visit hospital, I have found out this the hard way. Hope the op went ok and your recovering well.

lots of get well wishes xxxx