• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello all

Well as its rude not to say Hi, I thought i'd better just do it, so hello everyone :ybiggrin:

I'm a 44 year old male living in Scotland and have been diagnosed with UC since 2003, in my case more specifically pancolitis. Like most I had the symptoms way before 2003, blood tests were ok in my case and continue to be so, even when i'm in a flare, so i'm always cautious when i hear Docs/patients relying on bloods only. It was only when I got the colonoscope did they realise the extent of my problems. Since then its just been grumbling away, i do have some great periods although this is not what we would regard as normal (is running to the loo 5 times a day normal) but to me its the good times. I've tried many of the drugs available, Budesonide was favourite of mine as i've mostly got problems in my right side colon. Budesonide worked great and was a "good feel" drug if you know what i mean, most things seemed better. But this summer it seemed to be not working so well, going to the loo loads, blood, weight loss etc they tried a colonoscope but this could'nt be done due to the extent of inflammation so i ended up with a 5 day visit to hospital on IV Pred, which I have to say this did the trick and apart from feeling exhausted i'm doing alright now and feel pretty good.
Anyway thats a little bit about how IBD has and continues to affect me, the bad times and the good times.

So :cheerss: to all, hope you're all doing well.

Last edited:

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Welcome Rossy!! I hope you can find your next "feel good" drug and return to a happy remission. Stick around!!

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Rossy and :welcome:

Sorry to hear that things went down hill recently but good to hear that the pred is working for you. I hope you find something that keeps you feeling good and in remission. Stick around, this is a fab place for support and info and it would be great to have you here.

Welcome aboard!

All the best, :)
Dusty

Astra

Hi Rossy
and welcome fellow Brit

really hope you stay feeling good for a long time, that's what we all aim for!
see you around the forum!
lotsa luv
Joan xxx