• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello Everyone!

Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking around this forum for a while now so I figured its about time I introduce myself. The first time I started to type out my story a few weeks ago it was too long and I never finished, so here is the shorter version.

I was diagnosed with Crohn's when I was 12 and I am now 22. It was fairly under control until about a year and a half ago and since then I have pretty much been in a constant flare consisting of mostly pain and fevers. I just graduated college (barely thanks to this flare) and right now I don't want to get a job or go to grad school until I get it under control because a lot of the time the pain is too bad to function, which is very frustrating to me. If anybody has any advice on holding a job with Crohn's it would be very welcome. Anyway, I just got off prednisone and am on only entocort at this point after a bunch of failed meds. My insurance company approved Humira back in July I am just waiting to actually start it, so hopefully it will work. I have already found a bunch of useful information from browsing the forums so thank you everyone.

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hi lmk, welcome!! My son, EJ was dxed last Dec. at age 10. Were on maintenance meds from 12 til 22? I certainly understand your dilemma. I hope you still have the support of your family. Good luck with the humira. I guess you've already found the humira club thread!! Stick around and let us know how you get on!!

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Thanks for the links! I didn't notice the search function until now.

And yes I was on maintenance meds when I was younger. Pentasa, Asacol, Imuran, Remicade, and I am sure there were more I can't remember. I had a few minor flares along the way but nothing as bad as now.

Astra

Hi Imk
and welcome

good luck with the humira when you eventually start it.
really hope it controls the pain so that you can get on the job ladder!
glad you found us, lots of friends here for you
lotsa luv
Joan xxx