• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

:shifty-t:
Hi everyone
Just thought I'd introduce myself to you, I'll be as brief as I can about me, as I don't want to bore you.
I live in Newport south wales in the uk, diagnosed in march of this year with crohns disease after many years in the wilderness of not knowing what was wrong with me.
I'm still getting used to all the technical names for different types, meeds etc, so please excuse my ignorance!!! Lol !!!
Apparently I have it in my small intestine and my anus!!! Ouch !!! Boy don't I know it !!! Lol !!!
Am on entocort 6mg daily, was on 9mg but reduced when I was placed on azathiprine, unfortunately I could not tolerate it !!!
Awaiting to go on mercapturine, again apologies if I've misspelled.
But everything on hold till Tuesday of next week. Appt with consult and surgeon after recently having an MRI scan!!! But I don't know what the results are yet!!!!

Look forward to speaking with people who understand this disease, but I'm also one of those who will not allow it to own me !!! Well not all the time anyway !!!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
:welcome: Shellybum.... sorry but I had to do a double take cause I thought your name was Smellybum:ylol2:.

No ones stories long or short are ever boring, not to me anyways. You have come to a place where we know your fears, questions, pain and in information. I have been here over two years and I still learn alot here.

Great bunch of people here!!! WE vent, we laugh, and share our opinions and experiences. I can't tolerate alot of drugs either and Entocort usually is only good for milder to moderate cases, and where it is located. Trial and error here is the key, no two people are exactly alike. Some drugs are miracles to some and others, they have reactions or dont work. NO question is dumb or tmi. Glad you joined us, hope you enjoy it here! :ycool:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Shelly and :welcome:

Good to see you here. I'm glad you finally have a diagnosis after so long and hope the appointment and new drug goes well. Loads of friendly and experienced hanging out here so welcome aboard!

Take care, :)
Dusty

Hi Shelly welcome to the forum. I'm still pretty new here too. You will love talking and learning from some wonderful people here. I wish you the best on the meds. It feels like trial and error but you will get there.

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hi Shelly and welcome!! My son is on the Mercap since about Jan. this year. They say it takes 6 months to get fully into your system and I'd say that is true. Good luck and glad you are here!!

Astra

Hi Shelley
and welcome fellow Brit

I couldn't tolerate aza neither, I was allergic to it, mercap made me very sick too!
My Crohns is in small intestine (terminal ileum) too, been on Pred and Entocort, now back on Pred for a bit cos it's starting again!
good luck with results on Tuesday, glad you found us, you're no longer alone with this.
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

:ylol2:
Awww thanks guys for your welcome, I can't tell you how much that means to me. I've been looking at different support sites but it has taken me six months to pluck up the courage to join!!! I don't know why !!! As your all so welcoming!! I think it's been a bit of denial on my part !! About having crohns!!

I haven't been happy about it at all but hey who would be !!!:lol:

But seriously I think this is going to help me as I find that no one and I mean noone gets it !!! Family, friends, work colleagues. They think "oh well take the meeds, you'll be ok !!!
I thought that too but it's not always like that is it !!! I'm having flares every four weeks !!!!
I haven't worked properly since June, as just when I feel like my old self again, it starts all over again!!!

Anyway guys, fingers crossed Tuesday will shed some more light on what the next stage will be as right now, I can't even sit on my butt !!!! :lol:

I'm looking forward to getting to know you better and if you have any ideas, tips, advice please feel free to tell me.

I hope you are doing ok yourselves and just like you have offered out your self to me it's the same here, I might not have much knowledge at the mo but I will listen and support you xxx thanks again :poo:

Ps I'm loving the emoticons :lol:
:ybatty:

Hello Shelly and welcome
I too am fairly new to this site and Crohns. I am learning both fast. The info gained here has been fabulous. I don't feel quite like a freak as I used to. I know here they "get it". May you get to sit again soon...lol