• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira and gas?

um. i started humira on thursday (went great) and had no side effects yet at all. good right?

well, yesterday and today i have had the worst gas since i can remember. not really pooping much but SO MUCH GAS! i never have gas. never. is this a side effect some people get? and if so how long does it last cuz i don't wanna leave my house. it's pretty damn loud and explosive.

might have to go buy some gas-x...

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
I was on Humira for about 6 months and never experienced gas from it. I rarely have gas and when I do it is a bad sign cause I am heading for bigtime pain. Everyone is different to meds so who knows.

Gas is a major part of Crohn's tho. Maybe it was something you ate? Are you lactose intolerant? Gas x or Oval for gas, doesnt really work, you can try but, is it painful gas?

Some meats, or veggies and beans cause gas. Hope you get rid of it soon!

i never have gas. i dont have pain either (im lucky i guess).
i didnt eat anything out of the ordinary. not too much dairy or anything.
ugh. i guess i'll just have to deal with it :(
i do see my GI again on tuesday. i'll just see what he has to say.