• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello! from Texas, USA

I started a thread and it disappeared! Don't know if I'll wind up a double-post, but here goes again:

I was diagnosed with Crohn's about 14 years ago. I have been on a variety of maintenance meds and had a resection two years ago. I have never been more aware of my disease than I have since my surgery (except for a very painful year right before diagnosis). I know all our experiences are different, but hope that by sharing different perspectives, we can support one another.

I have two teens (girl and boy) and a great husband. Fortunately, I stay at home. I love to read and walk for fitness when the stars are aligned (i.e., bowels cooperate and energy level is present).

Enough "I"s. Well, one more: I look forward to hearing about others and offering support and encouragement.

MommaDot (Doris)

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hello Mammadot :bigwave: Glad you joined out community!! I know all about the denial thing, after my first resection continued my life as I always did, big mistake, that led to my second resection which was a nightmare, never got any relief since.

We all try not to LIVE it but we also know we have to avoid certain things and for me that is stress, I can flare almost instantly from stress.

I too do not work, haven't in 10 years, but I am on 25 acres , veggie gardens and apple trees and a hubby works 2 weeks at a stretch, so I do what I can when I can. My hubby is so supportive, too bad I didnt find him the first time :lol:

There are a bunch of great people here to welcome and share their stories and support. We hope you can join in, not just the disease but to vent, have a laugh and support others. We learn from each other. We also have a few from Texas, too! Welcome aboard!!!:)

Astra

Hi Doris
and welcome

I have two teens (girl and boy)
glad you found us, lots of friends here for you, to share, to laugh, to vent or whatever!
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hi Dot, welcome!!! I have 2 teen daughters as well as a soon to be 11 yr old boy. He's the one with crohns. Glad you've joined us!! See you around!!

Hi Doris and fellow Texan. Welcome to the forum. You will loads of good info. here and lots of wonderful people. You have had crohn's long enough to give us some great info. as well. Glad you are here.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Doris and :welcome:

I'm glad you found your way here and you will be a most welcome addition to the forum. I am on here as the parent of a teenage girl with Crohns and she has also had a resection. Thankfully she has been in remission since the op 4 years ago. I also have a teenage son.

This is a safe and friendly place with heaps of support and info so welcome aboard!

Are currently on any meds or supplements?

All the best, :)
Dusty