• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Prednisone Burst

I just started my 1st script of prednisone prescribed for a flare. Not sure if that is bad or good, but am definately hoping for relief. I know it is supposed to help with the D, but does anyone know if it will help with the joint pain too?
Joni O

Entchen

Chief Dandelion Picker
Hi Joni: I saw relief in joint pain shortly after starting Prednisone -- can't promise that it's due to the Pred (could be coincidence), but it might be. Hope you see relief soon!

Hi Joni,

Prednisone always helps with my joint pain and it should get your D under control. Try and be informed as you can and learn as much as you can about prednisone. It's a necessary evil for most of us so since it's your fiirst time educate yourself.

I hope relief comes quickly for you.

Ann

Hi Joni
When I started pred my symptoms just about completely went away after 3 days. I was amazed and so relieved! I was getting horrid lower backache when I sat for a while in the car or cinema but this also stopped when I started the pred. I hope you get similar results :)
I'm loving your photo btw
Sam

Astra

Hi Joni

I was on Pred for 5 months earlier this year and it was a miracle drug for me, and the effect was immediate, but unfortunately I suffered terrible withdrawal symptoms such as joint pains when I stopped them, they were worse than before! But a 2 month round of Entocort kicked that into touch, and I have no joint pain now, but having said that, I'm on another round of Pred for a bit!
Just wanted to make you aware of this possibility, hopefully it wont happen to you!
xxxxx

Thanks all for the speedy answers. I got home from the Dr late last night...and have to work this morning. The Dr is hoping I can be off the prednisone in 7-10 days so I am hoping that withdrawl won't be an issue. I was on it in the spring of this year for 6 weeks, and did not have withdrawls. I did some research on the pred when I took it then...but I explore asthmatic bronchitis symptoms, and not Chrohns...so I was unsure about what it helps for Crohns symptoms and did not have enought time to do much research other than reading what if given with the script.
BTW...the photo is my Cricket... AKA Bug...the best couch buddy in the world. I'll get a photo of the real me up one of these days.

prednisone is great for a short period of time. i am now just getting off of it after month and a half and i feel bad withdrawal symptoms. i am down to one tablet per day and i feel very uncomfortable. muscle and joint pain, lower back pain, feeling hyper like i had 5 cups of coffee and sweating also.
i will be completely done in 4 days and i hope all these symptoms will go away.

Well...I am already off the prednisone and onto Flagyl so I guess I don't have to worry about withdrawls.
Tested positive for C.Diff.