• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here and new to crohn's update

new here and new to crohn's update

Since I was here last, I have been back to my GI doc. He placed me on 2 more meds. At first I thought I was going to die. Now, well lets see... I have a morning routine which includes breakfast. Usually something light. I do eat lunch something again light. I am eating a snack again something light. I do eat dinner. It again is light. But, I am eating. I had lost 10 pounds since time of illness. I weighed again yesterday and lost 2 more pounds since monday. I needed to loose weight. I just wish i could have done it without this diagnosis. My problem is: I am extremely tired all the time. ZERO energy!! I did call the doc yesterday to find out results of blood work and to let him know that I am just so weak and tired. He is out of the office till Monday. So, I guess I get to return to work starting tonight and work all weekend tired. I just hope I can hold it together. I have to work. I have used all of my ETO that I had saved plus part of my EIB bank. I could use my short term disability. but my bills will not hold for that. So off to work I go!! Any suggestions on how to get my energy back. I am resting as much as possible

DIAGNOSED: 8-28-10[/B]

CURRENT MEDS: PENTASA 1000MG 4XDAILY, PREDNISONE 40MG DAILY, FOLIC ACID 1MG DAILY, PRILOSEC 20MG DAILY, POTASSIUM 500MG 2X DAILY,
LEVSIN EVERY 4 HOURS FOR ABD CRAMPING, VICODIN 5/325 4X DAILY

:pale:

Some of those meds like Vicodin will make you tired...Try drinking some G2 or Gatorade, stay hydrated...I know the fatigue is terrible when we flare, just do the important things in life and let the rest go...Best wishes, and hang in there! Sue

I feel for you as I have always battled fatigue (more post surgery than before). I don't have any advice, but want you to know I am thinking of you and hope the flare comes under control so you can back off any meds that are sapping energy. Hope things get better... Doris

What about taking a Multi Vitamin? I know people say they feel so much better on them. I am going to try it.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
With your Crohns being in the terminal ileum I'd be hard pushed to believe that your B12 isn't low and it's very likely your Iron Stores are depleted. Also 1mg of Folic Acid daily doesn't seem a large enough dose to me. I'm sorry I can't offer you much and everything I have offered up isn't going to change things overnight.

Please keep us posted and :hang:
Dusty

Thanks everyone for your support.

I just wanted to let everyone know that i appreciate each and everyone of you! Thanks for the advise you guys give, thanks for the understanding without judgement. I am not sure how i would even be getting along without you guys. hope your all as well as you can be. I am continuing to press on! I did make it through work last night. It was hard. however, i did make it. It made me feel like at least part of my life was getting back to normal. eventhough it is really in ruckus! Probably is what i needed for my mental health though. I just have to feel like i am useful and needed. I am a caretaker youknow!!LOL