• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to the forum

not sure if I am doing this right??? here goes......diagnosed with crohns 26 years ago..after years of doctors (Mayo, U of M and many others) with no sucess I just tried to maintain on just watching my diet ( no meds). At 116 pounds I was hospitalized and ended up in emergency surgery and an Illiostomy..Gained lots of weight back feeling better, not going to the bathroom 20 + times a day. Problem being that I suffer more now from the high doses of prednisone over the years than from the Crohns Disease.
I have had a hemeragic stroke, both hips replaced (AVN)..lots of spine and joint issues
like I am sure a lot of you do! I do not mean to sound like a pup! There are so many people out there that are SO much worse off than me, I do not even like to admit that I have any issues!! I guess I am looking for some people to relate to. I generally am one to keep things to my self and not whine however sometimes it is nice to talk too!

Does any of this make any sence??

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome Bagman!

You are right that a lot of us have gone through (or are going through) similar things that you have experienced. It is hard to sometimes discuss these things with others even if we feel close with them as it is hard to truly understand some aspects of this disease if you do not suffer yourself.

You do make sense and I hope you find this community as a place where you can discuss some of the issues you do not feel able to discuss elsewhere.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
:bigwave: Hi bagman.. you have been on Prednisone a long time, and though it does work, longer term isnt ideal as it causes so many bad side effects. I am just about finished a short taper. There are many other drugs to help you keep your Crohns under control. The biologics are a few. Surgery is common in the Ileum where most Crohnies get their pain and suffering. What country are you from and what dose are you on? Glad you are here, you did it right ;)

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi bagman and :welcome:

I'm glad you found your way here. Wow, it sounds like you've been through a lot over the years. Sorry to hear about the side effects of the Pred. How long since you've had your surgery? If you haven't already found it, we have a stoma subforum.....................

http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46

Are you in remission? This is a fab place for support and info so I hope you stick around, I'm sure we could learn a thing or two from you as well. Welcome aboard!

All the best, :)
Dusty

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hey Bagman, welcome!! It ain't whining if you are telling the truth. Glad you found us!! It's good to have a place to let it all out once in a while!! Good luck and stick around!!

Welcome Bagman. We don't consider anything on this forum as whining, it's therapy without drugs. Lol Everyone here is very welcoming and we are always ready to listen. Hope you continue with us. Take care.

Astra

Hi Bagman
and welcome

you can whinge all you want, we do! it's a great place to have a moan or a laugh even!
sorry to hear about your Pred side effects, been there done that! I'm on another round of it at the mo!
glad you found us, lots of friends here for you
lotsa luv
Joan xxx