• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Insurance Question

I may be starting remicade infusions at a hospital outpatient infusion center in new york. I understand that the charges can run as much as $15,000 per visit. I calculated the cost of drug by my weight and that comes to about $3,000. I have private insurance and am wondering if the insurance company pays the charges at 100% or at a lesser amount. If you have any experience with this in the NY area let me know. I don't want to get hit with an out of pocket charge

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I too have United Healthcare in NY - 100% coverage although the hospital sometimes bills differently.....

You really need to check your individual policy - most insurance companies have information available on line.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Kapps :bigwave:

Like Dex said.........I can't help with the question but I would like to welcome you aboard!

All the best, :)
Dusty