• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi am new but its my daughter am here for

hi am new but its my daughter am here for

she is only 3 years old and she had a colonscopy last week they told us when she came out of theatre they saw some lesions and a big red patch and took biopsy's so waiting results for them, her blood test ers or esr showed 46 instead of 2 to 8 , also had lots of bleeding from her bottom. they think she as crohns or colitis

Astra

Hiya chloesmum
and welcome fellow Brit

We have a lot of parents on here who will come along shortly to help you out with this.
you're no longer alone, lots of support and friends here for you
glad you found us
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
HI Chloe'smum.. I am sorry your little one has IBD,I can't even imagine what you are going through. Is the blood red or black? I don't bleed and I have Crohns,my sister has Crohns colitis and she bleeds, but no pain, everyone is different in this disease and there are a few here who have little ones who have it or waiting for a diagnosis. Have they given her meds? What is the next step they want to do? Big hugs to you and your little girl! There are a few parents on here with kids with IBD. So you are not alone. Please keep us updated and welcome to the forum!

hi am new but its my daughter am here for

That's really tough, having to go through that at such a young age but the main thing is, it's treatable with meds, hoping for the best outcome for you & your little one. I had Ulcerative Colitis. I don't know which is worse, UC or Crohns but being so young, she'll probably respond very well to meds & hopefully she'll not have to worry about surgery.

This is a great place for support, will keep fingers crossed for best outcome

Welcome chloemums. I hope you find the forum helpful and supportive. I'm sure the other parents here can give you plenty of info. Let us know how the results turn out. Hope your little one starts feeling better soon.

Entchen

Chief Dandelion Picker
Hello, and welcome to the forum. What a lot for a 3 year old to be going through! I hope that we can be a good support to you as you help your daughter.

thank you for the kind welcome! chloe not been given meds yet and the blood is red jelly like bleeding and lots of it, only had 3 episodes of this though but lasts a week, but she does regularly poo mucus they did mention the lesions they think are caused by food allergies, but she eats little by mouth as she tube fed with neocate, so if that's the case the little bread and tiny tastes of yoghurt as made a mess of her bowels so early on :( .
and she still chokes on foods so we are limited what she can have,

thank you for being here for me i have no idea where to turn.

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hi Chloe's Mum, welcome!! Why is your daughter tube fed? My son also had the bloody stool. After the initial course of prednisone, he has been on asacol and 6mp since early this year and his crohns has responded very well to his treatment. He's very much living the life of a normal 11 year old!! Best of luck to you and Chloe!!

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi chloesmum and :welcome:

I'm so sorry you are going through all this with your baby, it's so distressing for your little girl and your family. What are the plans for Chloe now??

As Joan said there are many parents on here and we understand your pain, fear and confusion. Please stay around and keep us posted on how both you are Chloe are going and if you have any questions at all just ask and we'll do our best to help.

Sending loads of healing (((THOUGHTS))) and (((HUGS))) your way..........................................

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Thinking of you,
Dusty

I am so sorry...my son was diagnosed at 9 and boy, i couldnt get over how young he was...i wont even pretend to know how you feel. 3 years old and all that pain. May God bless you and keep you and your family safe and well, and remember BREATHE, STAY STRONG FOR HER, PRAY...AND MOSTLY STAY IN THE MOMENT, IF YOU THINK TOO MUCH, IT BECOMES EXTREMELY OVERWHELMING. I hope to hear good news soon.

Dexky chloe is gastric tube fed due to very ill underweight little baby who never put weigh on and had a funuplucation operation done at 18 month due to very bad silent reflux, only ever took one ounce in milk from birth every two hours, and as she got older we realized she struggles with eating orally :(

dust no idea what they gona do we see her gastric doc on oct 15th at the childrens hospital.

thank you everyone for the welcome but sorry we are all here if you know what i mean.
i will keep you all informed how we go on as soon as we know.

tracyx

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hi Tracy, if they think she has food allergies, are they testing to determine what those might be?

I guess there's not much they can do til the results come back. Just keep calling and asking Tracy!! There's no shame in being a pest when it's your child's welfare you are looking after!! Oct. 15 is too long of a wait it sounds to me!!

I'm so sorry you and your daughter have been struggling so much. Children are very resilient, as you probably already know. I bet she's amazing and probably complains less than most of we adults do. Stay strong and keep your chin up. I just recently joined this forum and can tell you, you'll get plenty of support and advice here.