Share Facebook

09-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
Shannon

Bentyl

Before my diagnosis my GI doc prescribed Bentyl as a pain reliever for the abdominal cramping. Anyone been on this? It does absolutely nothing for me! I'm wondering if anyone else on Crohn's sees relief or has even heard of this drug.
- Read my story on Holistic Treatment here: http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=15655
- Currently training in figure skating to reconnect with my body! Read more at Crohnie On Ice
09-27-2010, 01:45 PM   #2
acg101

hi shannon - I used bentyl (Dicyclomine) throughout my bout with crohn's. its not a pain med but it relieves gastrointestinalmuscle spasms that are common with crohn's. you wont feel nothing but if you have spasms, it will calm it down. I used to get spasms when I had D, and even after going and nothing came out, I would get spasms.
I hope that you feel better soon!

1. Diagnosed with Crohn's UC 1995
2. Flagyl/Cipro Imuran in 80%remission 1997 2005
3. Used 5mp, asacol, 6mp, remicade, imuran, Cimzia, entocourt, Flagyl/Cipro and enemas/suppositories until 2010 with periodic relief.
4. July 9th 2010 total ProctoCollectomy surgery! Free at Last!
09-27-2010, 05:30 PM   #3
MysteryLocket

Hi, Just started this med today. I haven't noticed any pain relief yet, but I haven't noticed any spasm's either (So I'm figuring it's taking care of the spasm's so in a way it's stopping any more unneeded discomfort/pain)

Hope You'll feel better soon, and find a med that works for what you need it to work for also

Crohn's Related Meds=
Proctozone-HC 2.5% - After every BM, PRN

On Hold=
Klor-Con M10 ER Tablets - 1 x 12hrs
Promethazine - 1 x 4hrs PRN (25mg)
Integra Plus - 1 x daily (125mg)