Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Ozone Therapy for IBD

09-30-2010, 02:15 PM   #1
Astra

My Support Groups:
Ozone Therapy for IBD

Positive therapeutic effects on diseases of the rectum and colon have been noted with this method since 1936. Beyerle has seen people recover from irritable bowel syndrome, colitis, and Crohn's disease, almost immediately. "There may be some initial discomfort, some bloating and gas on occasion, but as far as irritations, we have yet to see any contraindications. If you've got colitis or irritable bowel syndrome, when ozone is administered properly, there are no negative side effects, only positive ones. It renews the mucous lining and gets to the bacterial infestation that has infiltrated the tissues of the colon."(3

Here's the full report on this, anyone ever heard of it? Thanks to James Hanlon for finding this xxx

http://www.o3center.org/Articles/Ozo...rumHealer.html

Joan

Dx Crohn's in TI 2005 symptoms for 15 years prior

BEEN ON -Azathioprine, 6MP, Prednisolone, Pentasa, Budesonide, Metronidazole, Humira, Methotrexate,

NOW ON -Amitriptyline 25mg
21/02/14 Right hemicolectomy surgery

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...4208290&ref=ts

No-one should make you feel inferior without your consent!

09-30-2010, 02:33 PM   #2
Crohn's 35
Inactive Account

Hey, yeah I read this and sent it to my daughter because she is in bio and chemistry. She will check it out for me. James sent it to me too. Could be worth it huh?
09-30-2010, 04:11 PM   #3
seaofdreams

My Support Groups:
I used to use medical ozone on peoples skin after blemish extractions when I worked in skin care therapy. It sanitises and helps promote an immune response and helped a lot. Thanks for the link

"Never feel guilty for being sick and try to stop comparing yourself and your life to others. You're doing the best you can under the circumstances you have and you're doing great."

Diagnosed with Crohn's in August 2009
Medication: 20mg Methotrexate injection weekly
Supplements: Folic Acid|Vitamin D|B12|Iron Complex|Magnesium Complex|Calcium|
09-01-2016, 02:44 PM   #4
bambamdilla

My Support Groups:
I self-administer ozone therapy at my Naturopath's office. The assistant fills the bag, gives me a catheter, I lock myself in the bathroom for 20 minutes and feel fine by the time I leave (after enduring a brief bout of induced tenesmus). My Fecal Calprotectin levels dropped over 100 points in an 8-week period (3x weekly first four weeks, then twice weekly). What's unclear to me is how long it is safe to do this, so I will go in whenever I have more blood than usual, rather than continuing indefinitely. An MRI a year ago indicated my bleeding/inflammation is isolated to lower intestine. I am on no other medication other than ingesting legal medicinal cannabis, preferring high-CBD preparations of cannabis oil.
10-02-2017, 09:22 AM   #5
afreestyle

bambamdilla - How is ozone therapy going for you? I am near Oregon and would like to give ozone therapy a try. Do you mind sharing your Naturopath's information?

I self-administer ozone therapy at my Naturopath's office. The assistant fills the bag, gives me a catheter, I lock myself in the bathroom for 20 minutes and feel fine by the time I leave (after enduring a brief bout of induced tenesmus). My Fecal Calprotectin levels dropped over 100 points in an 8-week period (3x weekly first four weeks, then twice weekly). What's unclear to me is how long it is safe to do this, so I will go in whenever I have more blood than usual, rather than continuing indefinitely. An MRI a year ago indicated my bleeding/inflammation is isolated to lower intestine. I am on no other medication other than ingesting legal medicinal cannabis, preferring high-CBD preparations of cannabis oil.
10-20-2017, 06:47 PM   #6
bambamdilla

My Support Groups:
afreestyle: try googling "ozone therapy portland" and you'll see options there that you can research. I also took Costco brand turmeric (YouTheory, extra strength that has black pepper), 4 x in morning and 4 x in evening with amazing results (fecal calprotectin dropped to 65 from 500 in about two weeks. Yes, miraculous.)

So to back up a little, I had a crazy flare this past winter/spring that evolved into inflammatory arthritis. I kind of blame my naturopath for not heeding my calls for treatment for severe joint pain over the course of a few months while my colon bled...and then I finally needed a wheelchair and two ER visits before she would prescribe anything. Meanwhile, the two enemas a day (mesalamine and hydrocort) for two weeks cleared up my bleeding and got me back on a normal digestion schedule, leaving me with "just" the arthritis to deal with.

I am learning how this disease manifests and am acutely listening at signals going forward so as to cut anything off at the pass. I am now walking again and am on Sulfasalazine only. My colonoscopy in August showed no polyps and if everything stays stable, I won't need another colonoscopy for 7 years.

I am working on my emotional wellbeing, but having gone through what I did this year, it is difficult as I am shedding friendships, etc. I strongly believe (yes, believe) that my condition is directly related to adverse emotional events, so working on my reactions to events is part of my healing. Certain foods exacerbated my inflammation, but I don't believe they were root cause.

I hope this helps you. xoxo
10-20-2017, 07:44 PM   #7
afreestyle

bambamdilla, thank you for sharing all the valuable information. I have googled, but it is hard to know whom to pick and trust... Guess I will just go for it. Best wishes.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Ozone Therapy for IBD