• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello !

Hi , Im Laura and I was diagnosed with crohns when i was 16 . I am determined not to let it beat me and I know I am lucky in comparison to some of the things other people with this horrible disease go through.
Two years on and I have managed to accomplish things that i wanted to ,but with twice the difficulty of everyone else !
I also feel that having crohns has changed me as a person for the better !
It took around 8 months for the dr's to diagnose me ,however i have been battling illness for much of my high school life with one thing and another , which turned out could be linked back to crohns .
Im looking forward to meeting people that understand what i go through on a daily basis ,as even though my family & friends are very supportive they find it difficult to fully understand !
Thanks !
x

Hey Laura:bigwave:
Welcome to the forum. You have a great perspective. I've only been a member here for a short time, but have found great support and a wealth of knowledge. Oh, and many good laughs. :rof:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Laura and :welcome:

It's good to see you here! You have a great attitude and it will take you far. Are you taking any medication?

I also feel that Crohns has had a positive impact on my daughters life in many ways. This is a great place for support and info and there are loads of young adults on here so you will be a most welcome addition. Good luck and welcome aboard!

All the best, :)
Dusty

Thankyou , yes im on azathiaprine and pentasa ,was on predisone for ages but have finally been allowed to stop it !
x

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hi Laura :bigwave: Glad you found us, and fitting in well. You have a good attitude and I find persons with this disease gain compassion and well brought up children who become great adults. I am sure parents of their child Crohnies do. But not all because some choose to ignore it. I took a long time to diagnose too, Crohns tends to play hide and seek alot and in the meantime you are fighting acute pain at times.

Ha, I have to laugh your signature is sorta like mine used to be... Mind over matter if you dont have a mind it really doesn't matter. :lol:

Meds to all of us are different. Just takes tweaking and trial and error for some of us , like me. :shifty-t:

Hey Laura!! :welcome:
Im new to this site as well and I have already meet some awesome people! By, the way Im Elise :thumright: