Share Facebook

10-01-2010, 10:01 AM   #1
violetcreams

preggaz

Hey, long time no talk!!! I'm pregnant, but only just.

8 weeks. Haven't told anyone yet. Saw heartbeat on scan at 6 weeks. Cross your fingers for me everyone. I'm feeling pretty rough!!

Lots of love,

Violet.

xxx
10-01-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
Crohn's 35
Inactive Account

There you are!!!!!!! Now I know what you have been up too lately . Congrats to you !!!! I am so happy for ya.

You say you are feeling rough how? How can we help you? Please keep us updated more, so nice to get good news.
10-01-2010, 10:28 AM   #3
violetcreams

Oh Hi Pen!!!!!!!!!! How're you getting on? I haven't been on the forum for sooooo long so I'm really out of touch with what's been happening for everyone. I'm feeling exhausted & pukey. I don't think the Crohn's likes this new development either as my sides have started to get really sore again. It's so hard to cope at work, especially when I don't want to tell anyone until I'm through the first trimester. I know that it's early days & anything could happen. It's lovely to be back - I'm going to come in here more regularly now. Thanks for your kind thoughts, Love Violet. xxx PS, it feels weird to be telling someone other than my partner of course!!!!
10-01-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
Crohn's 35
Inactive Account

I know how you feel. When I was pregnant 23 years ago and just prior to my Crohns attacks and dx... I felt pukey and tired all the time, so I am not thinking it is the Crohns, pregnancy has symptoms all their own. I remember I tried to make my self puke and didnt matter, still felt that way. Hopefully you dont have it all the way through, most times only till after the first trimester. I agree with keeping it quiet but I can't do that I have to tell

I used to crave raisin pie and instant coffee all the way to 9months, til this day I hate instant coffee or raisin pie. LOL

So glad you are back! I for one missed you!
10-01-2010, 10:48 AM   #5
violetcreams

Awww thanks Pen. Are any of the old crew still around? Farm? Lishy? Santos? Shantel? (Peaches)? I don't see many familiar names on here. I've totally gone off chocolate (except for bueno for some reason). Yuk, even the thought of it makes me want to hurl, lol.

xxx
10-01-2010, 10:57 AM   #6
Crohn's 35
Inactive Account

Nope they are all gone, probably cause of the problems that were cause on here, but many precautions have been taken place now and no tollerance for rudness.. Too bad cause I missed them.

So you stay put ok?
10-01-2010, 12:35 PM   #7
Manzyb
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi there!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I, too, am pregnant. I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow. I've been feeling really bad lately also, if you ever want to complain to me!

I think I remember seeing you around maybe back when I first joined :0)

Congratulations again!!!

amanda

Sadie turns 2, 4/5/13!
10-01-2010, 12:54 PM   #8
Astra

My Support Groups:
Oh wonderful news hun!
really hope you're ok?
take care and keep in touch
xxxx

Joan

Dx Crohn's in TI 2005 symptoms for 15 years prior

BEEN ON -Azathioprine, 6MP, Prednisolone, Pentasa, Budesonide, Metronidazole, Humira, Methotrexate,

NOW ON -Amitriptyline 25mg
21/02/14 Right hemicolectomy surgery

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...4208290&ref=ts

No-one should make you feel inferior without your consent!

10-01-2010, 01:10 PM   #9
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Congrats! ...hopefully the feelings are from being preggers, and the puking...remember you use different muscles when you puke!.....Hope that part passes quickly for you.....when my sister was pregnant, she had morning, day, afternoon, night sickness for pretty much the whole pregnancy! ...Here is wishing you DO NOT!

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
10-01-2010, 02:21 PM   #10
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
Yay, Violet!!

I am living vicariously through everyone who's getting preggers. The hubby and I aren't in a financial state to have any little ones just yet...plus I'm waiting to hear the official "Remission!" from my docs!

I hope the nausea passes for you. What an exciting time in your life
January 2014 - adopted a mostly Paleo diet
May 2015 - still in remission!

Currently Taking
Humira - 40mg/week
Imuran - 125 mg/day
Calcium magnesium citrate
Fermented cod liver oil/butter blend
Culturelle probiotics
Vitamin D
Vitamin C
Biotin
Allegra
10-01-2010, 02:50 PM   #11
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Hi Violet,

Oh wow, how exciting for you and your partner! YAY!

I hope all goes well and please keep us posted!

All the very best to you both,

Dusty.
10-01-2010, 03:34 PM   #12
rottengut91

My Support Groups:
We haven't met yet, but I wanted to extend my Congratulations.
I remember when I first found out I was pregnant, keeping that secret was the hardest one to keep. :mbh: You must be so excited. I was sick with my son on and off through whole pregnancy, with my daughter as well, but much worse with her. I ended up losing weight in the beginning. You know what, it was all worth it. I would do it all again. They are the most amazing people I know. I think about having another child, but now that they are getting older, I'm not sure I want to start from the beginning again.
Hang in there, the end result is better than you could ever imagine!!!

10-01-2010, 05:17 PM   #13
Entchen
Chief Dandelion Picker

Congratulations to you!!!!!!!!
Turned my Crohn's life around: ginger for nausea.
Claim to fame: "loopy and floppy" colon
10-03-2010, 08:48 AM   #14
violetcreams

Hey, thank you all for the lovely thoughts & well wishing!!!! I'm finding that if I eat little & often I can handle the nausea a bit better. I've been having weird sacrum / coccyx discomfort - think that's the crohn's though. Really hope that it doesn't go beyond simmering. I'm trying not to be *too* neurotic (but it's difficult!!!!). I'm going for the combined test in a few weeks time (bloods in a week & nuchal scan in about 3 weeks). Hope it shows really REALLY low risk. We're paying for the test at a private clinic because the NHS drag their heels with dates & I feel like I need to know as soon as possible. Such an anxious time!!!!! xxxx
10-03-2010, 10:11 AM   #15
Astra

My Support Groups:
Hey Violet

when I was pregnant I ate Ginger biscuits, they really do work for nausea!
I found that if I ate a couple before I got out of bed, I felt better, so keep some on your bedside table to nibble on in the mornings
stay well
xxx
10-30-2010, 11:47 AM   #16
Lydia

Congrats!

A little finely grated ginger in some tea can help the tummy. Or I hear sea-bands work wonders too.
10-31-2010, 08:12 AM   #17
violetcreams

Hey, 12 weeks pregnant today. Got the nuchal scan & results of that combined with blood tests on Wednesday (eeeeeek). Nausea has eased a little but still feel exhausted. Have been able to eat a MUCH, MUCH wider ranger of foods since I became pregnant, without horrendous pay back. I've even eaten rocket & I've eaten curry!!!!!!!!!! I've also eaten nectarines, pineapple & grapes! I've really missed decent food. It's great to have a bit of respite from mashed potato & other bland foods or fortijuice.

How is everyone?
10-31-2010, 08:49 AM   #18
Astra

My Support Groups:
Hey Violet!

That is fab news, 12 weeks! YAY!
It's great that you're eating well too!
I'm doing well too, just nearly finished the Pred, one more week at 5mg then I'm done! (for now anyway!)
Take care and we'll see you soon
Joan xxx
11-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #19
Domsmom

My Support Groups:
Congrats Violet! Hope everthing is going well!!! Babies are such exciting news...even when I don't know you Keep all of us mommies up to date with what's going on? There's alot more to life than Crohn's, and a precious baby will help us all keep our minds on the positives of life!!
Ps Just to let you know I've had to children since being diagnosed...both healthy babies born, not premature, on Pred for both.

Current meds: None

Past meds:
Asacol
Pentasa
Prednisone
Imuran
Cipro
Flagyl
11-01-2010, 08:42 PM   #20
Manzyb
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hey!! Glad you are doing well and hope you continue to do well!!

I'm 15 weeks along and feel so freaking sick. Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, no appetite, yuck. It gives me hope knowing you're doing okay! Maybe my time will come soon.
11-01-2010, 09:16 PM   #21
Mountaingem
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I missed you on the forum Violet, so happy for you-congratulations! Have you heard of Sea Bands? They are acupuncture bracelets for nausea from motion sickness, but I hear they work great for morning sickness,too. Best wishes!

I WILL STAY STRONG
I WILL FIGHT
I WILL WIN

Current Meds: Cimzia, Methotrexate, Prevacid, Sertraline, Nortryptaline, Prednisone, Atenelol
11-02-2010, 03:45 AM   #22
violetcreams

Hello all!!!!!! It's lovely to read all of your messages & get up to date with what's going on for everyone. Gahh, I'm so nervous about the scan tomorrow.
11-02-2010, 03:48 AM   #23
violetcreams

Super quickie as I'm in clinic at work & I've got my first client in 10 mins.
About the sea bands....I tried them for the crohn's nausea before I'd been diagnosed but they didn't help. Wonder if it would be different for morning sickness? Think I've still got them somewhere so I'll dig them out & give them another go!
11-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #24
Mountaingem
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Violet, they didn't work for me either with Crohn's nausea; but they did work when I wore them on a cruise and for the nausea I get from Flagyl.

It was a good look on the cruise-grey '70's sweatbands; I even rocked them in the pool lol!
11-02-2010, 01:12 PM   #25
violetcreams

Haha!! Mine are the grey sweat band variety too. Will be rocking them for work tomorrow!!!
11-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #26
violetcreams

Hi there!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I, too, am pregnant. I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow. I've been feeling really bad lately also, if you ever want to complain to me!

I think I remember seeing you around maybe back when I first joined :0)

Congratulations again!!!

amanda
Hey, are you still feeling as rough? Have you been seeing your gastro Dr since you became pregnant? Hope things ease off for you ASAP. xxx
11-02-2010, 04:18 PM   #27
Manzyb
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Yes!!! I feel bad. It's not terrible, I can function, just can't eat much. Still losing some weight with the vomiting and diarrhea that i've been having going on. I am seeing my GI doc. I've had constant inflammation and symptoms since I was diagnosed 11 years ago, but it seems to be getting worse instead of getting better. He put me on Asacol, and i'm still on Humira once a week, nexium, zofran, and bentyl.

I am hoping that things turn around soon, I'm glad you're able to eat good stuff! Gives me hope!! I'm now 15 weeks, baby is all well :0) We find out if it is a boy or girl on Monday!!
11-02-2010, 06:54 PM   #28
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
Exciting Amanda!! About finding out if it's a boy or girl on Monday....not feeling totally icky!

I hope things turn around for you soon. Hopefully it's just a rough trimester that will ease up a bit eventually.
11-05-2010, 01:06 PM   #29
violetcreams

HellooooOOOOooo.

Nuchal scan & combined test result showed really low risk, phew. Need to start thinking about how to tell people now. Want to start telling people because I'm beginning to look like I've eaten all of the pies.

Hey Amanda, how's it all going? Hope you're doing ok.

xx
11-05-2010, 01:17 PM   #30
Domsmom

My Support Groups:
Violet...if you need some interesting ideas how to tell people...I have some fun ones. I don't like just saying "hey, I'm pregnant." I'm more one of those people who likes to do it in an interesting way