• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Confused

confused

hi all

i put a hello and who i am on here, i keep getting replies from my email address but when i log on it say i dont have enough priveleges,

from one confused member

liz:kello:

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
HI Foxy lady could be a glitch or it is the screening process, but I see you are here! Tell us more about yourself. This is a great forum and many people here to help you ;)

well here goes, i have recently been diagnoised with ulcerative colitis, i have been on pentasa but seven weeks into it, it isnt working, i have another camera on Monday and the inflammation hasnt gone or got better, so they took more biopsys and get the results in two weeks.

I have had stomach problems for years and people always put i down to ibs, but last year i was loosing control of my bowls and that was the final straw. I was sent for blood tests and my ESR was up and down like a yoyo, it has gone up even more to 44.

I get very down with the pain and the bleeding when i go to the toilet and am just hoping they can get my meds under control so i can actually start liviing, (i have forgotten what that is lol)

liz

Astra

Hi Liz
and welcome

Glad you finally found your way here, lots of friends here for you, you're no longer alone with this!
Once they have the results, hopefully they'll start you on the appropriate meds, such as Prednisolone or Asacol, which is a 5ASA like Pentasa but specially formulated for UC. My friend has UC and has had some success with the Specific Carb Diet and has just been approved Remicade. Have a mooch around the treatment and diet sections here on the forum.
Don't suffer in silence, lots of support here
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Liz and :welcome:

Good to see you here. I hope the test results give you the answers you need to get started on appropriate treatment. You have found a fab place for info and support so please stick around 'cause we would love to have you here. Good luck and welcome aboard!

Take care, :)
Dusty