Share Facebook

11-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #31
e13 boy
Banned

Bananas,plain rice,apples,yogurt(plain),toast(white bread)

Had to steer well clear of alcohol & all spicy grub since hemi colectomy 12 yrs ago

e13 boy - 21 yrs of CD
Serovera AMP,Loperamide.
11-14-2010, 06:23 PM   #32
Silent Lunch

My Support Groups:
Believe it or not, spicy foods tend to calm my stomach when I'm feeling ill, as does some soda (mostly Coca-Cola). I have a strange ritual of getting a burrito from the nearby Moe's every time I have IV therapy.

As for other things:

brown/white rice
pasta (sauce is okay, too)
grilled or baked chicken (never, never, never fried)
most vegetables
most beans (I feel like this is a strange one, too)
soy milk
tea

Anything sweet or fried is the devil during a flare. And although it's one of my favorite things in the whole world, coffee tends to make me feel a tad bit worse. It's the one thing I absolutely refuse to give up. What's a life worth without having miserable habits?
11-15-2010, 02:52 AM   #33
Cordillia16

seeing as i'm new to this and have yet to meet with a dietitian, how does everyone know what causes their flare ups? sometimes when i eat things i get reactions right again, other times it takes a while, and there aren't too many times i JUST eat a fruit and wait 3 hours to see what happens. how did everyone discover the foods that are safe and bad?

and to add, the only known safe food i have are bananas. gotta love 'em!
11-15-2010, 05:38 PM   #34
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Cordillia: Try keeping a food diary. That way you can track what you consume and your symptoms over time, and you'll be able to see if there are patterns (for example, it took me awhile to figure out that garlic is one of my trigger foods, since it's in a lot of different things). There's an entry in the Wiki section of the forum regarding diary inclusions. Good luck!
11-15-2010, 06:17 PM   #35
Cordillia16

Cordillia: Try keeping a food diary. That way you can track what you consume and your symptoms over time, and you'll be able to see if there are patterns (for example, it took me awhile to figure out that garlic is one of my trigger foods, since it's in a lot of different things). There's an entry in the Wiki section of the forum regarding diary inclusions. Good luck!
Thanks!
02-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #36
LongIslandCrohNY

Still new to this but I have found that tea,jello,and rice with chicken broth is all I have been able to keep down.
04-18-2016, 04:34 AM   #37
me and my rotting insides

safe food, well i ave none. i eat what i crave because i dont eat junk. y body rarely craves it when i do crave junk i swap it out with something healthier. i usually stick to home made bone broth though.
STRAWBERRIES BAD!!!! unless they are skinned, and not in flairup
at least if i ave company in the bathroom if i run into issues. i swear my cats are terrified for my safety they always follow me comfort me and keep me company no matter where i go. even if no other creature dares to be near

i usually fast during the first week of my flareup. dry fast first for 24 hours followed by 3 days of nothing but water followed by a week of juicing,tea and home made organic broth. after that, blended foods then soft foods then steamed foods then regular semi raw diet.
04-22-2016, 01:35 AM   #38
Felisha

My Support Groups:
Baby food and caffeine-free tea
04-22-2016, 03:33 PM   #39
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Bananas, applesauce, toast, chicken noodle soup with gluten free noodles, chicken with no skin, potatoes with no skin.
04-23-2016, 09:42 AM   #40
Charlotte.

My Support Groups:
Want to add some new safe foods (but I'm not better in general, unfortunately, just have a very good nutritionist now): Plain yoghurt, quark, cottage cheese (all with reduced lactose!!!), also spelt bread (not too much), spelt pasta (yay, not only rice pasta) and more vegetables. I always combine carbohydrates, fats and protein in one meal, helps a lot for me!!!

Stelara; Uceris; Lansoprazole; Domperidone.

Previously: Remicade, Humira, Simponi, Azathioprine, Methotrexate, Sulfasalazine, Entocort, Uceris, Prednisolone, TPN, EEN, different alternative treatments.
05-13-2016, 11:11 AM   #41
needtolearn

This thread is so helpful in working out what people generally can and can't eat!
07-03-2017, 06:08 PM   #42
Caro

When flaring (like right now), practically nothing but homemade tomato soup,
homemade white bread, jelly. Brandy and soda
The rest of the time, most things (tho my favourite strong cheeses and smoked fish come with an automatic penalty)
Interesting - I notice a lot of people- like me - eat tomato soup/sauce in a flare. Yet I've heard it's supposed to be bad for Crohnies. Not this one!

Hi everyone,

I know that severity levels differ significantly when it comes to Crohn's, which makes it hard to generalise. In any case, I'd like to get an idea of what you guys consider to be your "safe" foods.

Perhaps by sharing we can all try something new and hopefully have some success.

Cheers,

Winemaker
07-03-2017, 07:53 PM   #43
DougUte

My Support Groups:
Raw tomatoes, with their acids and seeds, are bad for me most of the time. Tomato soup and sauces, etc.. are OK. The seeds are not there and I think the acidic stuff must cook out.

Crohns Medicines:
Started Humira June 22nd, 2011
Increased to weekly injections on November 1st, 2016
Due to the insurance company, Humira ended on January 31, 2017.
Started Entyvio February 9th, 2017
Loperamide 3 capsules twice a day
Vitamin B6, B12, Folic Acid
Vitamin D3 10000 I.U.
Nature Made Multivitamin
07-04-2017, 10:35 AM   #44
Bufford

My Support Groups:
I stay well away from anything with seeds or skins. Chicken and fish are my safe meats, with some ground beef recipes like meat loaf once in a while. Deep fried foods such as kentucky fried chicken can be tollerated once in awhile, pizza too only in very small quantities. Mellons are fine, as are bananas and oranges. I keep sweets and junk food to a bare minimum.

Last edited by Bufford; 07-05-2017 at 10:02 AM.