• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Daughter having symtoms

Hi I believe my daughter is having symtoms again. She had surgery over a year ago, and felt great this past year. But lately she is having pain near her scar.
She is currently taking 6 mp, folic acid, Vitamin b and Remicade every other month. She has also put on quite a bit of weight since surgery. I am worried about the weight too. She has a check up with her GI doctor next week.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hi there, sorry your daughter is suffering some. My guess is that it could be two things one is scar tissue or she could very well have a spastic colon. Not uncommon in both situations. Glad to see she has a Gi appt, in my experiences when I have that problem myself I get a colonoscopy , if anything to ease both your minds. Hope she gets better soon. Let us know what the doc says! :hang:

Thanks, and that was my thoughts too. thought it might be scar tissue too. But is also throwing up and doesnt want to eat.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Amc, :bigwave:

I'm so sorry to hear that your daughter appears to be having symptoms again. Perhaps it could be adhesions, these can also cause obstruction or partial obstruction which could explain the vomiting and loss of appetite.

The only other thing I can think of, but it would be a very long shot, is if she has reached puberty and it may be the lead up to menstruation. Might explain some of the pain but I don't think it would explain the vomiting unless the pain was severe.

Keep us posted!

Take care, :)
Dusty

Thanks Dusty the doc sent her for blood work today so hoping to hear something tomorrow.
She actually started period a few months back, so is not that. She is feeling a bit better tonite and at least ate a little bit.

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hi Anne, I just read your intro thread. Please let us know what the results of the bloods are!!!