• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Stuffy nose/allergy attack after infusion?

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hey all....yep, I know I've been a bit quiet - a little busy at work and home right now.

I had my infusion yesterday morning, and I don't recall if I have had this happen before, but will be keeping an eye on it from now on....

Does anyone else get a stuffy nose/head allergy 'attack' after their infusion? I always breeze through the infusion itself, no pre meds etc.....last night I noticed that my head felt very stuffy, eyes watery, like an allergy attack.....BUT, I had not been out with the horses or petting the cat.....

I did go outside and do some work in the afternoon - cutting some brush and running hte wood chipper - but I did the same thing over the weekend without feeling this way.....

I'm hopin git was a fluke, now I just need to remember to make note after my next infusion.....

I was just about over a cold right before I got my remicade infusion last week and then it came back right after my infusion.