• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

An update to our situation

Hello Crohnies!! Hope you guys are doing ok today. I wanted to take a minute to update everyone on our sitation. As most of you know, Ive been in and out of the hospital, told I have CD treated and then told, they dont know whats wrong with me. Well camera pill showed major blockage and possible death of my illium. Twice it got stuck in the same spot, once blocked by merkey fluid and once blocked by food or something....they could see the intetestines look damaged, non vascular and grey. in 8 hours that the pill was stuck in one spot, they didnt see evidence of any movement. So, I met with a surgeon today. I am scheduled for surgery on Friday the 22nd of October. Its an exploratory surgery, but they have lots to do....they need to see if they can clear the block, or if the intestine is just too damaged, they will remove that portion. They have to biopsy mesentery nodes, and possibly remove some of them, they have to remove a hernia and possibly my gall blader. I will know about the gall blader later this week. So, Im a little freaked out and quiet depressed. Hopefully they can just fix things and stop this pain and illness Im going through. So thats my story....

For my 3 year old son. He continues to complain about tummy problems and is bm's vary depending on diet. I had to rs his apt with the allergist to this Friday, so we go for allergy testing Friday. Hopefully it will be easy with him too. The meds they want him to start cause serility for the time while on meds...but there is always a chance that he could be sterile forever....so Im really trying to avoid meds to the last possible option. Im feeding him bland, non irritating diet and hes got an appitite. He seems like hes feeling better, but like all of us...he has his good days and bad days. So I will keep you guys all posted when I know more. Please pray for me and my family as this has to be one of the hardest things weve ever gone through. Thanks my friends, and I wish and pray for all of our health to improve and stay that way~:eek:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Thanks for the update Bev..............

Do they still think it is Scleroderma or something else? Perhaps surgery will be the answer for you and it will put you into remission. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that this is the case!

:goodluck:

Oh Bev I so hope that your son responds well to the diet and you can hold the meds at bay for a while longer. I am thinking about you both and sending loads of healing (((THOUGHTS))) and (((HUGS))) your way..............

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Take care,
Dusty

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Bev, I'm sorry you have so many things going at once!! I wish I had something to offer besides encouragement!! I wish you the best on all fronts!!

Blood work showed negative for sclederma!! Thank goodness, so another thing ruled out! I feel like things are really blocked up...tried to pass bm today and lots of constipation, a little passing but lots of blood. Also, now my back is killing me, where I usually get pain...they say its associated with my illium, where they see blockage. So Im READY!! Get things unblocked and lets see if thats the issue here, and perhaps with all the biopsies they can make a final diagnosis.

My son is having a good day, at some cereal and drinking lots of fluids today. I think Ive began to notice a milk sesitivity...not sure if its allergice, but definatly notice him having more issues when he consumes more dairy....so we will see over time. But also, holding back on the meds till the last possible resort~

Thanks for all your support!

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Ah that is good to hear your son is having a good day, may there be many more!

You sound like you are ready for your surgery and I guess at times it does reach that point doesn't it? That was certainly case with Roo. Roo's ileum had a grey appearance in areas too when it was resected and in her case the surgery had been successful.........4 years in remission now.

Wishing you all the luck in the world!

Take care, :)
Dusty