Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Imuran/Azathioprine/6-MP » Imuran question--more flare or common cold?

10-30-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
2thFairy

My Support Groups:
Imuran question--more flare or common cold?

I've been on low-dose 50 mg Imuran now for four weeks and only two days completely off a prednisone taper. I feel sick as a dog. How do I determine if this is just part of the UC flare that started months ago or if I have some sort of flu/common cold?

I've got nausea, sinus-type headache, diarrhea, and low-grade fever. I had this before starting pred. and then later the aza, but don't remember if it was this bad.
11-01-2010, 07:21 AM   #2
2thFairy

My Support Groups:
Going on day 3 and feeling a little better. I guess I just have some sort of bug.
Extreme nausea and stomach cramps waking me out of a dead sleep had me concerned about pancreatitis, but I am doing better now. Fingers crossed!
11-22-2010, 07:24 AM   #3
2thFairy

My Support Groups:
Nope... got worse. Apparently it was pancreatitis slowly creeping in. Well, Imuran is now off the table. On to Remicade!
11-22-2010, 08:36 AM   #4
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Hope you are feeling better soon! Did you go to the doc and get the pancreatitis diagnosis?...that sucks!

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
11-22-2010, 08:45 AM   #5
2thFairy

My Support Groups:
I had blood work done that showed elevated lipase, but just the beginnings of pancreatitis. Five days off of Imuran, I am much MUCH better.

What really sucks is the Imuran was actually working on my UC. I'm really bummed out....
11-22-2010, 10:02 AM   #6
Nica

I know exactly how you feel, pancreantitis really really sucks!! Keep your chin up maybe the remicade will work wonders for you!

When I had pancreantitis the ER docs flat out said "no you can't have that" a new doc came in when they said your blood work shows pancreantits. At least its a quick fix and not more stuff to deal with, just takes a med off the table.
Humira, Percoset, Phenegren, Ambien,Zoloft (trying cymbalta after the new year)
Old Med List!
Pred, Asacol, Remicade, Methotrexate,immuran, Pentasa,Entocort, lomotil, more antibiotics than I can count, gut muscle relaxers, tramadol!
Would love to have Crohnies meet me on
Facebook! please put CF or Crohnie so I know who you are in requests! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=686580310
02-17-2011, 05:51 PM   #7
MysteryLocket

Youch, sorry to hear that! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Crohn's Related Meds=
Proctozone-HC 2.5% - After every BM, PRN

On Hold=
Klor-Con M10 ER Tablets - 1 x 12hrs
Promethazine - 1 x 4hrs PRN (25mg)
Integra Plus - 1 x daily (125mg)
02-18-2011, 08:08 AM   #8
e13 boy
Banned

I had blood work done that showed elevated lipase, but just the beginnings of pancreatitis. Five days off of Imuran, I am much MUCH better.

What really sucks is the Imuran was actually working on my UC. I'm really bummed out....
When i was on imuran it slowly started to get the CD under reasonable control
but as that happened the side affects slowly got worse as well.(Severe fatigue,thumping headaches,flu,vomiting).My WBC was below the safe level as well so i had to stop taking it.I moved over to 6mp & went through all the same problems but the tiredness just knocked me out.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Imuran/Azathioprine/6-MP » Imuran question--more flare or common cold?