Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Saturday gone awry

10-30-2010, 03:38 PM   #1
Entchen
Chief Dandelion Picker

Saturday gone awry

Hi all:

Am feeling the need to vent because it's 2:30 p.m. and I had planned to be at the bottom of a swimming pool with a scuba tank and a bunch of other people and some skills and games right about now. Instead, I'm home making regular trips to see Mr. Commode.

My stomach has been doing really well since October 15. That's two weeks! And it chose today OF ALL DAYS to go to pot!

I already can't go diving outdoors in Canada because I can't take the weight of the equipment (you need to wear a thicker suit to dive in cold water, which requires lots of weights to balance it out, and -- we think because of the anemia -- I can't breath with all that weight on my back). So, I'm stuck diving in swimming pools for the forseeable future. It's all I've got! And opportunities to go swimming pool diving don't come around every day -- probably since Everyone Else would rather dive in a lake! So today, I thought the time had come to dive for the first time since May -- and, no dice.

I feel irresponsible for cancelling, disappointed to the max, and just plain not thrilled.

There. Rant complete. Time to move on (not to mention make another trip to the aforementioned washroom).

Thanks for listening.
Turned my Crohn's life around: ginger for nausea.
Claim to fame: "loopy and floppy" colon
10-30-2010, 04:06 PM   #2
Dexky
To save time...Ask Dusty!

My Support Groups:
Sorry for the rotten luck Kelly!! Hope you start to feel better soon!

EJ dx w/ Crohn's 12/09
PSC 3/10

No more 6mp
Currently in the Humira Club
10-30-2010, 04:57 PM   #3
effdee

Such a frustrating feeling! My friend's dad offered me a ticket to go to a football game and I had to decline because I couldn't be sure I'd feel well enough.
10-30-2010, 05:37 PM   #4
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Awwww Kelly that sux big time. Sending you loads of squishy hugs and hope it makes you feel even a teensy bit better..............................

Take care hun,
Dusty
10-31-2010, 03:27 PM   #5
Astra

My Support Groups:
Hope you're feeling ok now Kelly?
big hug your way
xxxx

Joan

Dx Crohn's in TI 2005 symptoms for 15 years prior

BEEN ON -Azathioprine, 6MP, Prednisolone, Pentasa, Budesonide, Metronidazole, Humira, Methotrexate,

NOW ON -Amitriptyline 25mg
21/02/14 Right hemicolectomy surgery

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...4208290&ref=ts

No-one should make you feel inferior without your consent!

10-31-2010, 05:49 PM   #6
Entchen
Chief Dandelion Picker

Feeling better today, thanks. Got out to a party last night - just sat at a table and chatted, so it wasn't too taxing. Oh, but I did do a rousing rendition of I Wanna Hold Your Hand on Beatles Rock Band.

Still irked about the scuba, though!
11-01-2010, 01:45 PM   #7
MADiMarc

My Support Groups:
Kelly, I feel for you. Ranting is a good thing in these situations. Hope you are having a better day today. Michele

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Saturday gone awry