• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How many poos per day

How many times do you go to the toilet to poo per day?

• Less than once / do not poo everyday

Votes: 8 7.8%

Votes: 13 12.6%

Votes: 15 14.6%

Votes: 14 13.6%

Votes: 11 10.7%

Votes: 7 6.8%

Votes: 5 4.9%

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • 8 or more

Votes: 24 23.3%
  • Don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

braveheart

Passionate Dreamer
How many poos per day?

I've noticed that I am going to the toilet more oftenly.
How many times a day do you poo?

Last edited:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Without Psyllium Husks Roo would go about 5-7 times a day. With them she goes about twice a day.

Dusty. :)

Wow I feel like the odd one out! When I was first diagnosed I was going 25-30 times a day. Now its down to 10-15. I wish I could remember what it was like to have a normal poo...lol

this should be interesting...

Hey Braveheart,
this poll is a good idea, but I'm afraid I have to agree with Ava...
If you are gonna ask this question to folks with IBD, you're gonna need to expand your numbers.

When I am wicked flaring, it's hard to keep track...
but 20-30 runs to the bowl is quite common, not to mention exhausting!
After too many sit-downs, cleanup gets harder, because the toilet paper feels more like coarse sandpaper.

Heck, I'd be a completely different person if I could average under 10 runs to the royal throne per day.
If you really want to know, increase your survey choices to accomodate sicker IBD sufferers!

It's a lifestyle of frequency and urgency.sigh
take care,
Walt

ps when I win the lottery (without buying tickets), I'm getting a merciful bidet!
see ya on the porcelain

Last edited:
Walt I certainly agree with you! The more trips to the bathroom the worse it is. I have started using baby wipes and even keep some in my purse! I also use analpram which is suppose to be the best bum cream around. It works really well for me especially when I'm having the 30 trips a day

vonfunk

Bourbon Bandito
Before the my first flare I was twice a day. Right now it's 3 times a day. During a flare it's a minimum of 10 times a day.
During my first hospitalisation my GI kept stressing that 4 times a day was the magic number. Anything between 1 and 4 was a good sign that things were under control. He kept saying that 4 was the magic number, as if I had control over it.

braveheart

Passionate Dreamer
I totally agree with you Walt and Xoxava, I clearly understand that in many cases ten times is not enough. The pool system only offered me up to 10 choices, so that I’ve decided to put an 8+ choice, meaning 8 or more.

If you know a way to add more options please let me know.

Vonfunk- this seems to be a common thing, I have been told to phone the nurse if I go 5 or more. Probably because average (for normals I guess) is 3 or less, so 5 would be significantly above average. And that probably explains why there are two peaks on the graph- those of use who are more or less in remission, or don't get d as a symptom, so are roughly average, and those who are in a flare or have chronic troubles.

I answered 8 or more, im imagining this as an average, some days I havnt been able to go at all, whereas other days ive managed 30+ so, without keeping a record im making an average guess

tlc-x

Undiagnosed Teenager
This is gonna be graphic... warning.

Okay, so I haven't poo'd since 27th Dec but that was a really bad diahorrea explosion. It completely emptied my bowel and afterwards, I weighted myself and i'd gone down half a stone from that toilet trip!! Gross!!
I haven't poo'd since.

:stinks: