• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just recently diagnosed

Hello all! I was just diagnosed a couple months ago with CD. I'm looking for all natural ways to put my body back into remission. I joined this group because I want to learn from everyone and give support as well :) I started a food diary and a blog too, which I think really help me organize my thoughts about the new diagnosis.

Looking forward to it! Thanks everyone! Nikki
crohnscrusade.blogspot.com

Welcome. I just joined yesterday and it seems like a great place to meet/greet other Crohnies. Ive been diagnosed for 33 years and have gone back and forth with the "natural" methods. I did get some great advice from a homeopath in London...Chamomile tea is very soothing to the intestinal system, but it is a natural diuretic, Peppermint tea is also soothing and has the opposite effect. Both work well for me. Good luck!

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Nikki and :welcome:

Good to see you here. There's loads of info and support here so please stay around 'cause we would love to have you here. Good luck and welcome aboard!

Take care, :)
Dusty

vonfunk

Bourbon Bandito
Nikki,
Glad you found this place, in retrospect I should have told you when I replied to your e-mail, but it seems that you found it on your own. There is a lot of good stuff floating around here.

Jason

hey nikki, i am ashley and im new to. just recently got diagnosed myself on nov.2, 2010. its very devastating having to live with something like this, but its nice to know that their are other people out here just like us with the same issues and that we are not alone. good luck to you!

Astra

Hi Nikki
and welcome

I wish you lots of good luck with your natural ways!
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

rygon

i'd be careful with trying to go for a 100% natural remedy.

Ive only been diagnosed for 2yrs now, but really dont think i'd have lasted this long without the drugs I am on.

Saying that, i try and keep my diet as healthy as possible.
Dont eat ready meals, keep fried food down to a minimum etc. You will find some foods that just dont agree with you (mainly seemingly healthy foods like sweetcorn, kiwi fruit, nuts and grains etc for me).
Have found keeping off the caffine to have helped loads as well (drinking peppermint, green tea and barley drink as an alternative for coffee)

Welcome to the forum anyway and hope it all goes well for you

Thank you to everyone for welcoming me! I appreciate it! I hear that most people are wary of 100% natural therapy. I feel it's the path I need to choose for right now. Thanks! Nikki