• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New and lost

new and lost

Hey there,
Had problems all my life, but got diagnosed 2 months ago. Runs in my family:ymad:
Been trying to do the right thing with diet and meds, but right now crohn's seems to be the most ridiculously stubborn disease.
In the beginning I fooled myself into thinking I had a mild form, but am slowly realizing that's not the case and I'm finding it a little scary.
Can't wait to get some help, share like stories, and see at least some progress.
L.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Cordillia and :welcome:

I'm glad you found your way here. There's loads of friendly and supportive here plus heaps of info! Browse the forums and if you have any questions just ask away, nothing is TMI and there's no such thing as a dumb question!

What meds are you on?

I hope things start to settle down for you so you can knock this bugger on the head. Good luck and welcome aboard!

Take care, :)
Dusty

Hi L :) Firstly, I'm sorry to hear you're going through the mill, I do hope things get better for you soon. You are right, it is stupidly stubborn, and it seems to me as if we work something out, and get some control over it, but it only ever seems to last so long, then we're back to square 1! And again, I understand all too well what you are saying about kidding yourself into thinking you only have a mild case, for years I have believed/convinced myself that I'm 'not that bad', despite being told otherwise by the doctors etc. I don't know how much of that is denial, not wanting to admit/see it or just a matter of acceptance. But now I am in such a state all the time, the dawning realization is coming upon me that I am very poorly. And, yes it is very scary. But we have each other to lean on here, and everyone is so helpful and supportive, and it makes things a lot easier to have so many other people, who know what you're going through to talk to and share your problems with, as they say, a problem shared is a problem halved. The doctors may have qualifications and degrees and things, but we are the real professionals, with real experience.

Welcome to the forum Hun:)
I'm pretty new aswell !
It's a fantastic friendly and informative place I have found that if I need to ask something this is the place as some people have more knowledge than the doctors !!
And if your having a bad day write it here someone always replys so you feel like your not alone and it helps to write your feelings down trust me I've done it constantly on here lol just getting over my pitty partys lol
Jen xx

welcome Cordillia, im new too and have only been diagnossed since last week, its a scary illness but glad I have found this place too get further info from.

Astra

Hi Cordillia
and welcome

I think we've all been in that great big river D-Nile, me included, I didn't have Crohn's last year, it had all gone away, so I didn't take my meds, cos I'm stupid! I know different now, and I think I have OCD now cos of the obsession to take my meds!! lol
Tell us a little more about yourself, meds etc, we're all here to help, you're no longer alone with this unpredictable bitch!
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Thanks everyone, what a nice warm welcome.
Glad to know I'm not alone with the frustration this disease causes.
So I'm 26, and have symptoms every since I was a kid, but I just got diagnosed 2 months ago. Currently on Pentasa and they are requesting I go on Entocort, but my medical is fighting to not cover it, I have no idea why.
The fatigue is really getting in the way of my life. I need to do things, I need to work and finish school, and I really want to get in shape for my wedding and have the best pictures ever, but I am always tired. How does everyone else deal with it?
I hope to find tons of up lifting stories here to show me it's not all bad!
Cheers everyone.