Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Has this ever happened to you!?

11-17-2010, 08:47 PM   #1
Nica

Has this ever happened to you!?

I was at my Rhemy doc. He was asking about asacol for me.. (not sure why he wanted to know) So I flat out told him, I can take asacol and I can see it in the toilet an hour later. I guess I forgot he wasn't a GI. and used to the poop talks. THe doc looked at me like I was insane, for a good couple of minutes, then realized I am not there just for my back and got it.. LOL
Humira, Percoset, Phenegren, Ambien,Zoloft (trying cymbalta after the new year)
Old Med List!
Pred, Asacol, Remicade, Methotrexate,immuran, Pentasa,Entocort, lomotil, more antibiotics than I can count, gut muscle relaxers, tramadol!
Would love to have Crohnies meet me on
Facebook! please put CF or Crohnie so I know who you are in requests! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=686580310
11-18-2010, 10:34 AM   #2
Rebecca85

Well I had something similar, not long after my colonoscopy I went for a smear test. It was my first one so the nurse was being really nice and talking me through it. She asked if I was OK and I just said 'yes, this is nothing, you'll never guess where they shoved a camera last week!'

125mg azathioprine
4g Pentasa
11-27-2010, 11:07 PM   #3
MADiMarc

My Support Groups:
The docs seem to hate it when we make smart ass, observational type comments, don't they? However, being the sick individual that I am, I make a point of it at every visit.
I feel that so many people have seen my butthole and other normally covered body parts that I have the right to make what ever pithy remarks I'd like.

Michele
11-27-2010, 11:25 PM   #4
Entchen
Chief Dandelion Picker

The GI who did my latest c-scope was young and friendly and an exception to the ones who get so flustered by snappy comments (been there!). In fact, he made one himself. We were chatting while waiting for our turn in the procedure room. I asked whether the blood I'd been regularly seeing could be hemmorhoids instead of active inflammation, he said yes, and I indicated my relief. His response was to point out this isn't something you hear very often, "Yay, hemmorhoids!" Too funny. (Mind you, I pointed out that it was better than "yay, more Crohn's!" -- which turned out to be the case, for the record).
Turned my Crohn's life around: ginger for nausea.
Claim to fame: "loopy and floppy" colon
11-28-2010, 12:32 AM   #5
Mountaingem
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
When I pooped out Asacol whole, they switched me to Pentasa and that fixed the problem. Slow doctors....well, can't help ya there!

I WILL STAY STRONG
I WILL FIGHT
I WILL WIN

Current Meds: Cimzia, Methotrexate, Prevacid, Sertraline, Nortryptaline, Prednisone, Atenelol
11-29-2010, 02:24 PM   #6
Nica

LOL I wonder if I should start a poll about how many of us have seen asacol whole in the toilet? I mean they make us take what was it 15 pills a day and then we just flush them.. why stop in the middle at all?

Rofl only crohnies would be saying YAY Hemmoroids! I Have to say if given the option of more inflammation or Roids, I would take the roids... has anyone invested in preparation H???

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Has this ever happened to you!?