Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Humira - Forgot to check for blood vessels!

11-19-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
Zoide

Humira - Forgot to check for blood vessels!

Hi,

I started injecting Humira some time ago. Today I realized that I forgot to pull the plunger to check for blood vessels before injecitng.

What is the chance that I did hit a vessel? If I did, what could happen?

Thanks
11-19-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
CDDad

I don't know, but with the Humira Pen, there is no checking. Just press the button and it goes in. One time I had blood so I guess i hit a vessel.

My point is, if they sell the pen version, I imagine it's not a big deal.
On Protonix and Humira.
11-19-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
Nica

I use the pen and have hit a blood vessel. If you did you would know it. It hurts, it bleeds, it scares the crap out of you. But harmless ( I called the humira line it was my first at home injection!)
Humira, Percoset, Phenegren, Ambien,Zoloft (trying cymbalta after the new year)
Old Med List!
Pred, Asacol, Remicade, Methotrexate,immuran, Pentasa,Entocort, lomotil, more antibiotics than I can count, gut muscle relaxers, tramadol!
Would love to have Crohnies meet me on
Facebook! please put CF or Crohnie so I know who you are in requests! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=686580310
11-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #4
effdee

I was on Humira (pen), so you can't check with that. I'm on Cimzia and I was told to pull the plunger back to check and to not do the injection if I did. I asked what difference it made since it was never mentioned with the Humira pens and I was told it's not big deal. I guess they're just covering all the legal bases. Hitting a blood vessel just hurts more and bleeds more. No major damage.
11-19-2010, 04:58 PM   #5
Zoide

Just in case, I emailed my doctor. He hasn't gotten back to me yet, but I feel just fine

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Humira - Forgot to check for blood vessels!