• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Welcome Anni

Hi, I'm Anni from PA, USA. We've been dealing with my daughter's Crohn's since she was tiny. She's now a Soph in college so it's been awhile. My 12 year old son is now being looked at for this, having had assorted symptoms which have finally sort of come together. I thought I knew a fair amount about Crohn's and also that I was dealing with it beautifully with my daughter. The possibility of another child with this is a bit much, poor guy. I both do not know all I thought I did, and am not dealing with it beautifully. :)
Thanks much.

Hi and welcome! This is a great place to find information and a great place to find people who have family members that are suffering like you do. I have found the community here to be very active and very supportive. I know it is rough and I can only imagine how it is to have a child with this or any condition like this. I can only tell you what it is like for me to have the damned disease...lol there are several people on here though that have children and family members that have the disease. So, welcome and I hope you can find some peace. :)

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Anni and :welcome:

I'm glad you have found your way here. I also have a daughter with with Crohns and she has just completed her first year of university. How old is your daughter? Sorry I don't know what a soph is!

I'm sorry to hear about your son. Do you think he has Crohns? My son (17) is unwell at present, but has only been so for a couple of weeks, and had an ultrasound done Thursday as a precaution. It didn't show anything to indicate CD but he has free fluid in his abdomen of no known cause, so who knows! Hoping that it's just a persistent stomach bug. :eek2:

I both do not know all I thought I did, and am not dealing with it beautifully.
Same here and very well said! Please stay around 'cause we would love to have you here plus there's loads of support and info. I hope your daughter continues to do well and your son is okay. Keep us posted and welcome aboard!

Take care, :hug:
Dusty

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Welcome Anni!! My son is 11 and has been dxed for soon to be a year. We've been very fortunate so far that his has been mild and he's had no ill effects from the meds. From reading this forum, I'd say (if your son does have IBD), it'll probably be an entirely different experience. I hope he doesn't but welcome aboard and good luck to you all!!

@Dusty, soph is short for sophomore. It's a second yr student. Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and Senior.