Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Omega 3 appearence in more food items

01-05-2007, 08:01 PM   #1
mikeyarmo
Co-Founder

Omega 3 appearence in more food items

Omega 3 is going to be in more products than ever before according to this news article. This is something I would recommend everyone be on the look out for. If you do not take an omega-3 supplement, then you should attempt to eat items that are high in it, especially those items that have a greater amount of Omega-3 fats compared with omega-6 fats. Omega-3 fats are anti-inflammatory (compared to pro-inflammatory Omega-6) which is something that everyone with Inflammatory Bowel Disease could benefit from having!
01-08-2007, 03:00 AM   #2
Mazen

I suggest you try using the more natural Omega 3 sources not the processed ones. Some suggestions are:

- Oily fish (Salmon, Sardines, Mackarel etc....)
- Flax seed Oil
- Omega 3 Eggs
01-11-2007, 01:41 AM   #3
fgillette1986

I was reading this article online and it seems that people with Crohns would probably benefit a lot more from eating the fish and fish oils instead of the walnuts, rapeseed oil and flaxseed oil .

http://www.omega-3.se/en/fishoil.html

I'm looking online... but having trouble. Where do I find these Omega 3 Eggs?
01-11-2007, 02:49 AM   #4
Mazen

I think for optimal results you should use both types of Omega 3: Fish oil and plant derived Omega 3. But if you only use one, then fish oil is the way to go

I live in Lebanon and we have only 1 brand of Omega 3 eggs called Colombus eggs. they claim that their eggs have a balance of 1:1 Omega 3 to Omega 6, while normal eggs have a ratio of 1:16!!!!!! I don't know where you can find them in other countries, but maybe you can ask your supermarket or local health food store....

Before, everytime I ate normal eggs I didn't feel well, so I stopped eating eggs for more than 3 years. Now, after I discovered the Omega 3 ones, I can eat one everyday and feel great. That's good, because I have found something new to add to my somewhat restricted choice of foods
01-11-2007, 03:27 AM   #5
fgillette1986

It is very interesting.

I read somewhere that in North America, the Omega 6 : Omega 3 ratio is 19.5:1

Yikes!!!

But, from some of the US companies I have been researching, the Omega 3 eggs have 4x more Omega 3 than Omega 6.

I know just the store to check.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Omega 3 appearence in more food items