Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Parents of Kids with IBD » Update on Dusty's Matt

12-03-2010, 07:52 AM   #31
Rob

That's crap
pity it couldn't of jus been a nasty bug that a pill could of fixed
but atleast you now know what it is an with past experiance with roo you know how to handle/approach things
good thing you were on the ball an dx it quickly, now maybe he can slow things up an get into remission quickly

Best wishes to ya all dusty
1500mg mesalazine salofalk daily
Somac 40mg daily
NO MORE PRED YAHOO!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------
Tried remicade and didn't work
12-03-2010, 09:45 AM   #32
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Dusty, so sorry to hear your son has Crohn's too. I don't have children of my own but I can imagine it would be heartbreaking to go through something like this. My thoughts are with all of you, and I hope he can get into remission quickly. Sending lots of hugs your way!
12-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #33
Rebecca85

Sorry to hear he has Crohn's, but at least you know what's going off, and it sounds like you've caught it early. Let's hope the meds work, and he gets remission soon!

125mg azathioprine
4g Pentasa
12-03-2010, 01:19 PM   #34
bushydougie

So sorry to hear this news Dusty. I was really hoping that it was something else...
At least he has a fantastic, supportive mum and a sister wih whom he can discuss and vent about CD with.
Please make sure that you take care of yourself as well as your children. It's been a tough few weeks for you too!
x
12-03-2010, 04:10 PM   #35
Mayflower537

My Support Groups:
Sorry to hear this, Dusty. My thoughts are with you and your family.
12-03-2010, 05:31 PM   #36
crohnicaly stinky

Dusty,

Sorry to hear about Matt's dx of Crohn's. With just a little luck the meds they give him will keep him in good shape and he'll be able to follow his dreams. I know it's hard to take and it's a bummer and it changes the way you see life. Heck I gave to the Jerry lewis telethon this year for the first time in along time,. why? because I just said to myself hey now I know what it's like to have a disease. So it changes your perspective a little but by all means Matt can do so many great things and this is not the end at all. It's tough right now but you will all manage, all of you and be just fine! Hugs to you Dusty you're a great lady and I hate seeing you go through this. It's probably harder to imagine abdominal pain than it is to grit through it, so you as a care taker have it rough in that regard. But just be at ease some, he can find his peace with CD and do great things with his life!
12-04-2010, 02:13 AM   #37
Entchen
Chief Dandelion Picker

Dear Dusty: So sorry for you and Matt. Keep on plugging -- you can do it.
Turned my Crohn's life around: ginger for nausea.
Claim to fame: "loopy and floppy" colon
12-04-2010, 01:06 PM   #38
Kathryn

Dusty,

I'm sorry that Matt was diagnosed with CD, too. You're one hell of a mom and I have no doubts, from reading your posts on here, that you'll take this, like Roo's disease, in stride with class, knowledge and only the occasional freak-out.

You and your children are in my thoughts. :-)

-Kathryn
12-04-2010, 02:22 PM   #39
amirah
Banned

dusty... sorry to hear your son has crohns aswell thinking of you and your family always.

love amirah and leya
12-04-2010, 05:15 PM   #40
ameslouise

Hi Dusty - So sorry to hear this news. Having already been thru it doesn't make it any easier as a parent, does it?

Sending big hugs your way. Hang in there. You are a wonderful Mom and at least your son is lucky in that regard.

xo - Amy
12-04-2010, 10:03 PM   #41
Christy

I hate that this happened for your son. He is lucky, yes, to get such a prompt diagnosis so the care could begin, but still .... it just absolutely sux that your family has to deal with so much. Not fair, not fair at all.
12-05-2010, 02:46 PM   #42
Nica

Dusty,

I am so sorry your son has it. I feel for you. If there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask. Thinking about you and your family.
Humira, Percoset, Phenegren, Ambien,Zoloft (trying cymbalta after the new year)
Old Med List!
Pred, Asacol, Remicade, Methotrexate,immuran, Pentasa,Entocort, lomotil, more antibiotics than I can count, gut muscle relaxers, tramadol!
Would love to have Crohnies meet me on
Facebook! please put CF or Crohnie so I know who you are in requests! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=686580310
12-05-2010, 03:23 PM   #43
BLM

Big Hugs Dusty!! I know how you must be devistated, but atlease youve been through it thus far. Your a step ahead with Matt, unlike your surprise with Roo!! Keep the faith and just know that Roo and Matt will become so much closer, and a wonderful support to eachother. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers~

Prednisone
Remicade
B-12 injections 2xmonth
Daily vitamin
60 mg Lansoprazle
Celexa

As Needed:
.25 Xanax
Percocete
Hysocycomine
Phenergan
Zofran
12-07-2010, 03:30 AM   #44
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Thank you D, Mayflower, Stinky and Kelly.

Your kind words, thoughts and wishes truly have helped me these past few days. I still feel like I am in a fog but I guess as time passes the fog will eventually lift.

Love to all,
Dusty
12-07-2010, 03:46 AM   #45
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Thank you so much guys!!!

Reading your words really does ease the pain and give me hope that we will triumph over this. Matt is feeling better and has next to no pain now so that is good, perhaps a sign that things are settling. Thanks again for your wonderful support, I feel I can start and believe in myself.

Lots of love,
Dusty
12-07-2010, 05:01 AM   #46
STLGirl

Sweet Dusty,

I can so relate to your motherly pain. When your babies get sick (no matter how old they are), the pain of a mother is unmeasureable. It's the worst gutted worry I have ever felt. So from one mother with a previously sick child to another please know that I feel your pain too. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Diagnosed with CD: November 1, 2010
Been on:

Flagyl
Prednisone
Imuran - Allergic
Currently on:
Remicade (Started 4-4-11)
Vitamin D3
B Complex w/ Vitamin C
Calcium
Omega3 and Krill Oil

"A merry heart does good like medicine" Proverbs 17:22
12-07-2010, 10:38 AM   #47
lynx

Dusty I have been following what has been going on and you and yours are in my thoughts and well wishes. It sounds like he is doing ok now. I hope he stays that way for a long, long, long time to come!

Currently taking:
Delzicol ( the latest bs non generic form of mesalamine because I live in the U.S.)

previously taking:
a bunch of stuff.

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing."
Wernher Von Braun
12-07-2010, 05:26 PM   #48
clearwell

Hi Dusty,so sorry to hear about your son.I do hope he continues to feel ok.Best wishes
and love to you all x
12-07-2010, 08:45 PM   #49
Mountaingem
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi Dusty-I'm really sorry to hear your son's diagnosis! But I'm glad he's getting the right treatment and on the road to recovery at last, that waiting with no answers is just unbearable on any parent, much less the patient!

Sending hugs and healing thoughts to your family!

I WILL STAY STRONG
I WILL FIGHT
I WILL WIN

Current Meds: Cimzia, Methotrexate, Prevacid, Sertraline, Nortryptaline, Prednisone, Atenelol
12-09-2010, 04:50 PM   #50
Astra

My Support Groups:
Hiya Dusty

I've been off line for a few weeks
so sorry to hear this news about Matt, but he'll do just fine with a Mum like you!
And the Pred will work wonders on him, it saved my life, it's a fab drug.
big hugs to you all, stay strong Dusty, you're doing just great!
xxx

Joan

Dx Crohn's in TI 2005 symptoms for 15 years prior

BEEN ON -Azathioprine, 6MP, Prednisolone, Pentasa, Budesonide, Metronidazole, Humira, Methotrexate,

NOW ON -Amitriptyline 25mg
21/02/14 Right hemicolectomy surgery

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...4208290&ref=ts

No-one should make you feel inferior without your consent!

12-14-2010, 09:30 AM   #51
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Thanks again everyone for your well wishes and support.

Matt seems do be doing well physically but psychologically still struggling a bit. Still has a little bit of pain at times, he went to the GP for bloods yesterday and he can still palpate a mass. Got the blood results today and they look good. White cell count is up but I assume that is the Pred as the doc or GI didn't say anything about it. ESR up a bit as well but still in normal limits. CRP is back down to 52 and Haemoglobin is down. I picked up copies of all his letters and results as well and found the biopsy results. They couldn't find any granulomas in the tissue samples but still said they were indicative of CD. The small bowel showed mild disease and the terminal ileum showed very mild disease, YAY! I was so hoping there would be something positive to come out of all of this.

Continuing to keep my fingers and toes crossed that he responds well to treatment.

Thinking of you all,
Dusty

Last edited by DustyKat; 12-14-2010 at 09:39 AM.
12-14-2010, 11:30 AM   #52
Jerman

Hi Dusty, I have not been on very often so just found this thread. I can only imagine your grief when finding out both of your babes have this awful disease. I hope with all of my heart that the three of you are symptom and pain free very soon. Sending you a big ole jerman hug ((((((((((HUG)))))))))))
12-16-2010, 05:00 PM   #53
Manzyb
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hey Dusty!!! I have been thinking of you, Roo, and Matt.

That is great to hear that he has mild disease (well, not great, but since he has to have the darn disease, at least it's mild!!!) I am sending plenty of well wishes. I hope he responds great to his treatments and gets back into action soon.

Does he feel much comfort talking to Roo about different experiences and things like that?

BIG HUGS DUSTY!!!!!!

amanda

Sadie turns 2, 4/5/13!
12-17-2010, 05:47 AM   #54
Dexky
To save time...Ask Dusty!

My Support Groups:
Hey all, I just got a note from Dusty. Apparently Matt is having abdo pain again and has been admitted to hospital. Had bloods, X rays and Ct scan. No change from last time and no sign of obstruction. They rang the gastro doc and he said he is most likely just having a flare so be in for a few days of IV antibiotics and hydrocortisone.

EJ dx w/ Crohn's 12/09
PSC 3/10

No more 6mp
Currently in the Humira Club
12-17-2010, 06:37 AM   #55
amirah
Banned

dexky thanks for the update ..... dusty i hope matt will be ok and he he is back home soon.
12-17-2010, 09:28 AM   #56
lseibert

My Support Groups:
Thanks for the update, I'm so sorry to hear that Matt had to stay in the hospital. Hope that he will be out quickly and home for the holidays....

[SIZE="1"]Crohn's Disease and IBS
Diagnosed: 2001(symptoms for 22 years prior)
Currently on:
Desipramine for IBS, Vicodin for pain
Surgery: Small bowel strictureplasty 02/19/11 and 11/17/11, then a small bowel resection 4/6/12, Hemicolectomy 9/2016
Supplements:
Multivitamins & Vitamin D3
Prednisone: Never again
Imuran (azathioprine)= Pancreatitis
Entocort EC (Budesonide) and medical adhesives = Rash
Humira=numb feet & hands
12-17-2010, 10:56 AM   #57
clearwell

Thanks for the update,Lots of love to Dusty and her family and hopefully things will go well for Matt and he will be home soon.xx
12-17-2010, 02:16 PM   #58
DougUte

My Support Groups:
Oh Dusty, I am so sorry to see this thread. Just know that you and your family are in our prayers. It sounds like they caught it early.

Crohns Medicines:
Started Humira June 22nd, 2011
Increased to weekly injections on November 1st, 2016
Due to the insurance company, Humira ended on January 31, 2017.
Started Entyvio February 9th, 2017
Loperamide 3 capsules twice a day
Vitamin B6, B12, Folic Acid
Vitamin D3 10000 I.U.
Nature Made Multivitamin
12-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #59
Dexky
To save time...Ask Dusty!

My Support Groups:
Matt is still in the hospital. More news from Dusty....

He continues to have IV antibiotics and Hydrcortisone. He is feeling good physically but struggling psychologically with being here and with the surgeon talking about him being on an elemental diet for a couple of weeks...........hmmmmm just not the right time of year for hospital and liquid diets!

The surgeon is a locum but seems very knowledgeable about CD and Dr Gillespie is happy with the treatment plan. The surgeon is an English guy and had a lot to do with IBD in a gastro unit in Cambridge. He looked at the scans and he said there was a transmural perforation, albeit very small, and that's what caused the pain plus inflammation of the adjacent muscle which accounts for the leg/groin pain. His CRP was 352 Saturday and his white cell count was 23.1 but were significantly reduced yesterday.

Matt says he is feeling much better but that only adds to his desire not to be here!
12-19-2010, 10:39 PM   #60
Entchen
Chief Dandelion Picker

Dusty: Best wishes to you and Matt. I'm so sorry that he is struggling. Hugs to you.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Parents of Kids with IBD » Update on Dusty's Matt