• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bad luck with Cimzia.

I know there's a Cimzia club thread but it's about all kinds of different experiences with it, and I was curious if anyone else had bad experiences with Cimzia.

Well, I started on Cimzia maybe 2 months ago?.. I just had my first "monthly" shot (well, shots, technically--I get 2 of them per dose), the one right after the loading period. When I first started it didn't seem as if much had changed. Mornings were no fun (as soon as my feet hit the floor from waking, I was in the bathroom 5-15 times/morning), but the rest of the day went fairly well. I was tired often, but was alright other than that.

For the last couple weeks, though, I have had to run to the bathroom constantly throughout the day. The most time I get between gut-wrenching urges is maybe a few hours. I have even begun to feel feverish on and off through the day. I'll get terribly cold, then find myself sweating like crazy.. Achy, clammy, and tired; Almost flu-like symptoms as if a flu is coming on, but it comes and goes. And occasionally--but more often as days go by-- I get a rush of numbness over my body. And this is all alongside the constant running to the restroom..

Anyone have similar experiences with Cimzia? Do you think it may be a reaction to the medicine or...?

Have you called your doctor about this? What do they have to say? It sounds pretty scary, whatever it is. I do get an achy flu-like feeling the day after my injections, but that goes away within a day or so. I hope you find out what it is and get to feeling better. Good luck to you!