Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Starting Remicade after Humira didn't work

12-03-2010, 08:10 AM   #1
timewarp

Starting Remicade after Humira didn't work

Hey, everyone. I've got my first Remicade treatment tomorrow to try and get my Crohn's into remission. I was on Humira for a little more than two months prior to this, and it didn't seem to be doing anything at all. On top of that, since I was weaned off of my Prednisone, my symptoms seemed to just get worse.

Anyway, I was wondering realistically, what's the likelihood that the Remicade will work? My understanding is that Humira and Remicade are more or less the same thing, so naturally my hopes are not high.
12-03-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
Squadinho

My Support Groups:
I'm not familiar with Humira, so can't comment on similarities between that and Remicade.

I have heard nothing but positive feedback from people who have had Remicade, and it certainly seems to be working for me.

Don't feel bad though if after your first infusion you don't feel an immediate benefit, it can take a couple of goes for it to start working even though some say it works after one infusion.

Good luck.

Crohn's disease in the Jujenum, Terminal Ilium, Caecum, Sigmoid, Descending, Transverse and Ascending Colon.

Current Meds
Remicade / Infliximab Infusions
Methotrexate

Past Meds
Azathioprine 150mg
Prednisolone
Calcium + D3 Supplement
12-03-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
My Butt Hurts
Squeals-a-lot!

They are similar, but not exactly the same.
Humira worked very well for me at first, but only for 4 months. I have now been on Remicade for 2 years and I am in remission.
I hope it works for you!
MBH
12-09-2010, 02:32 AM   #4
tpd320

My Support Groups:
Same here. Was on humira for a year and I kept flaring. Started on remicade and have been symptom free since.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Starting Remicade after Humira didn't work