• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Surgery! more information useful

surgery! more information useful

Had colonoscopy yesterday, and back on steroids again. consultant wanting to put me on azathioprine, but during colonoscopy while drowsy he brings up the topic of surgery yet again. "are you ready to consider surgery as a serious option yet?" Would be helpful if he went into detail as to what type of surgery as I've read about so many options for UC. How can he expect me to seriously consider something when I don't know what I'm conssidering???:crabby1:

Nyx

Might be time for a second opinion. There are so many different options for surgery that it would be good to know what they are! Or if you even need surgery at all....

Colostomy surgery is radically different than a resection..or surgery for a fistula or abscess...