• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi, im new thought I would post my story

Hi, my name is Angie, here is my story.

Back on Aug 12th I left work early, I was shaking and weak and completely paled out. I was in pain and thought my two week fight against stomach poisoning was taking a turn for the worst. I ended up being admitted to the hospital for elevated white blood cell count, i had some crazy infection in my stomach..was released on the 15th, but i had an apt with a GI, they thought I might have Crohns. So i had to do the whole prep thing for a double...and had it on the 24th..went back to work on the 26th and though well now i get to wait for results..

But then the 27th I was unable to eat or drink anything, this is not an exaggeration, i found out, thanks to the internet, that i was throwing up bile, but my sister in law was leaving on the 28th to go to college so i refused to go to the hospital till the night of the 28th. I was beyond dehydrated and was getting scanned and all types of cool stuff to find out i had a bowel obstruction. So i got this wicked cool (sarcasm) tube shoved down my nose into my stomach and was not allowed to eat or drink anything for like 5 days. I found out ice chips are my friend because of that, and now i know how to fix my own sucky machine thingy..during this time my results came back and...*pause for dramatic effect*..I do have crohns. Because of this they do not want to do surgery because it could cause it to become worse..luckily it fixed itself and the day the tube was taken out was one of the happiest days of my life. that was the 2nd. I was released on the 3rd

Well for a couple of hours I was released, four hours to be exactly, I ended up in so much pain i took a cab back to the hospital, and just kept balling while waiting for help. I actually begged the nurse and doctor for some sort of pain relief. Seriously thought i was about to die, finally early in the morning on Sept 4 I got super dose of Morphine and some other stuff, plus more IV stuff and all kinds of groovy meds. I was so drugged out of it that I have no clue what happened on that Saturday, i found out on Sunday that I have some (more than one) gallstones which cause me to get pankrintitus (sp). I was asked if i want my gallbladder removed (which as ya'll know gallstones are a side effect of crohns) i was like..i do not want this to happen again take it out. So i had it removed on the 7th. So now I have these cute little scars on my stomach and in my belly button. I was released on Sept 8th and able to finally return to work on Sept 20th.

Well i started meds for the Crohns, which at the time was thought was mild, Meds have not helped much at all, and now it is known I have moderate to sever. Well I take 1000 milligrams Pentasa three times a day to try to go into remission, (hasnt worked), Im on vicodine for the pain and muscle relaxers to keep the muscles from cramping (doesnt work that well but better than nothing, trust me). Oh and when I next go in I think I am getting the arthritis that goes with Crohns..yay, super fun..again sarcasm.lol. Hopefully next week I start on Humara. From what I have read it works pretty well, so i have my fingers crossed. But some of the side effects are scary as hell.

Oh b/c of the Crohns, i am having trouble controlling my bi-polor schizophrenia and very lucky i have not been fired. I have snapped a few times and was so bad i noticed how bad i was. I am now on meds for that and looking for a shrink.

Well that is my story, and i love this site btw, I was terrified of Humara till looked in at the Humara club. Now im still scared but not as bad. Plus i like that you dont just hear the bad you also hear the good of all of this.

Peace out and later dayzzzz

Hi Angie,

It sounds like Crohn's have given you a fast track on extra-intestinal symptoms, the gall bladder, the arthritis, the pancreantitis. Hopefully Humira helps you.

Good Luck and welcome to the forum.