• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Solid poo?

solid poo?

Hm ok so I started on apriso which seems to be staying in my system better then the asacol. But now its like all my poos are solid and extremly painful to pass. (I'd almost rather have the runny D, atleast its coming out!!) Does anyone have any tips? This is my first solid poo in a couple months and very painful. Not only does my butt hurt but I get very intense pains in my stomach :(

I get this sometimes too. Especially when I'm on prednisone or something like that. It sucks, and the only thing that I really do about it is take stool softeners. It helps out some, but not quite enough.

Did your doctor give you bentyl or anything like that? Bentyl works for me some as far as the pain when you need to go, it helps move things along a little better.

Hope you feel better! :stinks:

Hey xoxava
I am also taking Apriso and started off with the same problem as you. I corrected this by drinking a lot of fluids, preferably water. Also, I adjusted my diet, seems to solve everything in my opinion... Anyways, be sure to take little doses of Miralax or another stool softener every day. Good luck :)

Haha when I started remicade I immediately had constipation and very solid poops and was wondering what the hell it was exactly. I actually went to the clinc concerned I had a blockage when I got a lump in my abs and he felt it and said it was stool haha. He told me to take metamucil (sp?) and that helped almost immediately.