Share Facebook

12-08-2010, 08:15 AM   #1
crazycanuck

Sleep troubles?

Hey guys I started Remicade about 7 weeks ago now and its been going great. Only 1 problem I cannot sleep. Ive had problems with this since Ive had Crohns but its gotten worse since remicade started. It is now 5:15am and I havent slept a second yet tonight and I need to be up in 2 hours for a uni final... Just wondering if anyone has had this and if so any suggestions?

Diagnosed October 2007
Currently on Remicade 400mg (October 2010)

Tried Budesonide (april 2010-july 2010) & Asacol (october 2007- dec 2009) & Imuran (Dec 2009-Dec 2011)
12-08-2010, 08:28 AM   #2
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
I've been meaning to ask my doctor about this - I have been waking up multiple times a night - last night was in bed about 930, finally fell asleep around 11?....then awake multiple times, the last about 5am (alarm set for 615).....

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
12-10-2010, 06:23 PM   #3
Shannon

I recently read an article about the inflammatory process taking place in this disease having a large contribution to unstable moods and insomnia. (Seems like Crohn's affects EVERYTHING, yeah?) Dunno about Remicade though...hope not, I'm doing my first infusion soon!

Hope you all get some rest!
- Read my story on Holistic Treatment here: http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=15655
- Currently training in figure skating to reconnect with my body! Read more at Crohnie On Ice
12-12-2010, 01:50 AM   #4
BLM

I cant sleep either, and Ive only had one dose of Remicade. I think its more due to the Prednisone for my sleep problems, however, I take Amatriptaline for sleep and it really helps. Its actually a depression med, but has great sleeping effects. The only issue is, if not taken early....you will be to tired to get up in the morning. But when I take it early in the evening, I get 8-12 hours of full rest, uninterrupted and I feel good when I get up in the morning. I would check into it.....

Prednisone
Remicade
B-12 injections 2xmonth
Daily vitamin
60 mg Lansoprazle
Celexa

As Needed:
.25 Xanax
Percocete
Hysocycomine
Phenergan
Zofran
12-12-2010, 01:58 AM   #5
STLGirl

Sleep problems here too. I can only sleep about 2 to 3 hours at a time but I think for me it's because of the Prednisone, I'm not on Remicade yet.

Diagnosed with CD: November 1, 2010
Been on:

Flagyl
Prednisone
Imuran - Allergic
Currently on:
Remicade (Started 4-4-11)
Vitamin D3
B Complex w/ Vitamin C
Calcium
Omega3 and Krill Oil

"A merry heart does good like medicine" Proverbs 17:22
12-12-2010, 02:39 AM   #6
crazycanuck

Wow thanks for the responses everybody. This sounds stupid but I have absolutely no problems once I fall asleep and some mornings can sleep straight through 2 alarms. I just cant get to sleep. I have a hard time describing it. My mind doesnt race, Im not uncommfortable, and Im not going to the bathroom. My exam where I had 2 hours sleep actually went better than my full night sleeep though.... Maybe the secret....

Edit: shannon did you happen to have a link to that article you mentioned?