• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hospitalized because of Thyroglossal duct cyst

So, I've been hospitalized because of a Thyroglossal duct cyst on the base of my neck that's become the size of a billiard ball. They said it will take surgery to get rid of it. Has anyone here had this happen to them? Could there be a link between Crohn's and this abnormality?

Bless your heart! That stinks. I don't know if the two are related or not, but I have found so many things that seem to occur in conjunction with a crohn's flare- or that have an autoimmune component. One of my favs is episcelritis. I basic look like I have pink eye for a few days until the steroid drops kick in.
I hope this is just a bump along the road and you're feeling better soon!

I wish I knew what to tell you, but bumps I know little to nothing about. I hope you get feeling better, lump removed and home happy and well very soon.
Keep us posted please?

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Had to look it up, never heard of it. Sorry, I'm no help. D:

I hope you get it removed soon. Sounds like it would be really painful.

Surgery was on Saturday and the Microbiology dept. barely got around to putting my "stuff" into the system at 4pm. Looks like I get an extension on my vacation away from my noisy nieces. They say I should be out by wednesday or thursday.

DOUBLE POST! YAY!!!

Awe, well a few more days in the peace and quiet is good right? Is the hole starting to heal?

Feel better, relax and try to stay stress free!

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Glad they were able to take care of it and that you'll be home soon! Aren't random gaping holes in your body the best? :p Took me over a month to heal after my resection and I also had a nice gaping hole for a while. Surely you won't have yours as long. The forum seems to move much slower on the weekends so sorry for the late and limited responses. :p