Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Prednisone/Entocort » Strange Prednisone Symptoms????

12-13-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
ChaoticKylee

My Support Groups:
Strange Prednisone Symptoms????

Has anyone ever had any ringing in the ears when taking Prednisone? I'm assuming that's what it's from becasue it only just started when I started the Prednisone. It's worse that higher the dose is. I also get a numb face about an hour after I take it for about an hour. Anyone else get these or any other strange symptoms?
Gave up on Imuran, did not work.
Remicade every 6 weeks.

"God said He will not put more on us than we can bear...I just don't know why He has such faith in me."
~Mother Theresa

"Worrying is like rocking a chair, gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere."

http://chaoticlifeofkylee.blogspot.com/
12-13-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
Mountaingem
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Yes, sooo irritating! I never got numb face from it, though, just ringing in the ears.

I WILL STAY STRONG
I WILL FIGHT
I WILL WIN

Current Meds: Cimzia, Methotrexate, Prevacid, Sertraline, Nortryptaline, Prednisone, Atenelol
12-13-2010, 10:25 PM   #3
Entchen
Chief Dandelion Picker

Yes to the numb face. My arms and legs were numb and tingling full-time for the duration of my time on Pred, but the numb face was only for a short while. It got me sent to Emerg on orders from the nursing line, though (she figured I was having a stroke).
Turned my Crohn's life around: ginger for nausea.
Claim to fame: "loopy and floppy" colon
12-13-2010, 11:32 PM   #4
Jennifer
Adminstrator

Could be swelling causing these symptoms. Its been a LONG time since I've had to take it but I know the swelling from it causes all sorts of issues.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Prednisone/Entocort » Strange Prednisone Symptoms????