• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Is it Ulcerative Colitis or Crohn's Disease

Some time I get Undigested food when I go to the bath room. Last time I had this happen to me it looked like pieces of ham I had for lunch and peas. So I was wondering if I had crohns or not or can this happen when you have ulcerative colitis also?

Yes, absolutely can happen with UC.
Although UC patients should'nt have as many dietary issues as Crohns its not unusual for food to go from mouth to bum without touching the sides:redface:

I don't think you can differentiate between Crohns & UC just by symptoms. Only a doc can tell during a colonoscopy or from lab studies of a biopsy (even then they can get it wrong). I'm not sure if the following is still current info, but Crohns can have skip areas in the colon and UC does not. Skip areas would be areas in the colon of normal tissue.