• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Oldest crohner in Town

oldest crohner in Town

Hi all a little confused the log in and messages I can't find !

Me 56 male Oxford UK retired for a few years ish ago my son said I was 39 but more like 45 ! but busy as ever as for Living with Crohns it's a pain !

I am asked from time to time what's it like Um like? It's the first day of Flu after you get out of bed!First day Drained and feeling Poo! Pardon the pun! then weak not interested in anything till after 11 am ish thats when the pain starts to fade and most days you can start to live but not every day.My day often starts at 2 or three am! and again at well..... you all have it or live with it! It's true the pain is only a moment away and another dash to the loo or farting for England! I can clear a large room on a good day including the dog!

So wife partner family must all be saints. Then the mood swings I try so hard for it not to show and it sometimes comes out as being larger than life or you want to curl up and die! Then there is the bloating People poke fun at you because your stomach is extended most days! Can't sleep often Iv tried Alcohol and red wines it sometimes works but a cracking headache next day.

Then good weeks well we all know a good week is where you can cope with life and it! Stress can make it flair! So can a Pint of milk or too much onion badly cooked food to name just a few.

But I have still grown several companies and Fly my own Plane ride a Harley and Drive a TVR and a lotus and sail my 42 ft sailing yacht with loo at the bottom of the stairs.So life lives around the loo, but it could be worse!
And ..... tomorrow I could feel better. Never feel sorry for yourself and keep plugging away you know sooner or later a good day will come x

I forgot the reason for me joining this site !Some of you have great idea's for food !

You got it right, that's what it feels like! Wow, you're inspiring to have so many activities and hobbies - I can hardly imagine myself outside most days. :) Welcome to the forums!

Hi!
Welcome to the forums!
Don't worry about poo talk around here, we all live around our next run to the loo!

Um do I say this but ...... I don't use any drugs of any kind not for 25 years but ..... I do use pro bio type yoghurt when not well and ... Alovera but only take it for 3 weeks and take a rest from it .... for 1 week, it sometimes works. but my Crohns is from top to bottom but im told mild!!! my bottom !!!! i'd like to say something stronger ! But living with Crohns is a daily drudge a bit like shaving, Bad bits um I use e 45 cream on my bottom bits and groin with canasten cream mixed together as I suffer with huge itching round my bits showers helps but it gets almost greasy with sweat so deal with it often in the day thin trousers and cotton boxers helps love a jump in the hot tub! for 45 mins
but strange driving the car flying the plane and im fine for hours I have flown the plane none stop from Oslo to Gloucestershire and not needed to go um problem if it was for my passenger lol Worst moment Driving in Barcelona after eating dodgy chicken and driving my Volvo with kids I said !!! can anybody smell anything as I opened the windows and roof and ...... shorts ruined dooor pockets full! and me stood atthe side of the road washing down with bottles of water mmmmmm not good but so funny ! it's the only way to deal with it.