• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Going then NOT going?

Nothing seems to be moving down there! All I've eaten the past 2 days have been rice noodles, chicken, mushrooms stir fried in olive oil and gluten free low sodium soy sauce with tumeric, oregano, and garlic powder. Oh and I snuck in some soy ice cream last night w/o suffering! So what gives? I feel bloated and stuffed but I'm still so hungry too. I had a very very small loose BM this morning but that's it. Peeing a whole lot though. I'm lost, this is a new one to me! I've been stuck with D for weeks now and now it's all come to a hault!

Your signature says you're on Lialda - so if that's still the case - I'm guessing it's constipation as a side effect. I recently switched meds from Lialda, but when I was on it, I had D for a really long time beforehand and after a few weeks of Lialda, it suddenly switched to a little D but mostly constipation. I'm talking going once every 3 days. I pee a lot too, and no clue what that's about or related to.

Sorry my reply isn't that much help, but I am really guessing it's from the Lialda, because as soon as I switched meds, stuff was moving again... I know how you feel though - the bloating sucks! If you're concerned you should call your doctor and see if she/he has any recommendations to counter it.

Well, I'm not going to be much help as to what is going on, however, I can say that this happens to me a lot too! every couple of weeks I'll go from going to the bathroom 10+ times a day to barely even once every couple of days. :ybatty:

Thanks biteyshark. You did help :) ANy insight is helpful and that makes sense...cruel sense but sense, lol. Now this moring I feel so crampy and have had lots of loose BM's so I'm totally confused. SO many air bubbles in my tummy. Not real sure if this med is the best for me or should I wait it out?