• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

About my family

I have lots of family history in both Japan and America. My Grandparents are originally from Sacramento. My grandparents now live in the city called Buckley near Tacoma now a couple hours from me here in Washington State. They are alive and well..They have went through the hard times of the WWII era and Japanese Interment Camps

I was born in North Wilkesboro, North Carolina, in 1981 of 11th in November. "japanese hayseed" born and raised lol (if there is such a thing) My father raced Sprint Cars and Super Modifieds..Which I also do now. Since I was 6 years old I have been involved in racing. As most know, North Carolina is the birth place of NASCAR and Moonshiners that would run from the law back in the old days from the cops when alcohol was prohibitied. Thus after that, the birth of NASCAR came along.

My grandfather also served in the US Army and was part of the famous 442nd Regiment.

Better known as the "Go For Broke" They were the first and only all Japanese-American combat regiment that served in the european front to fight against Nazi Germany in WWII. They would chant "Go For Broke" and use similar tactics like the Banzai Charges except they would fire and run at the sametime similar to the Imperial Japanese would use and most would die but in the end they prevailed and defeated Germany indefinitely.

Once I reach the 15 posts, I will share some pictures.

As promised..here's some pictures of my family grandparents/current pic of me (To show the resemblence of my family) and my PINK super modified I race during the racing season..it was painted pink to support breast cancer..next season I will make a purple/pink two-tone color scheme and all proceeds our team wins will be donated to Crohn's Research and IBD.

Last edited:

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Welcome Terri!! What a rich family history you have!! LMAO, you're just a North Carolina redneck!! I can say that cause I'm a Kentucky redneck. Glad to meet you and hope you stick around!!

Do ya'll build your own cars?

Some of the parts we get were actually pre-fabbed from actual NASCAR teams that we are partners with.. Infact some of the cars i've raced were built by a couple gentlemen who worked for Tony Stewart and Dale Earnhardt Jr. But we only do that in the event if we are on short notice or get into any accidents. But for the most part, yes, we build all our cars to the specs and they are inspected to abide by all rules.

Last edited:

Astra

Hiya Terri
and welcome

fantastic pics, I love old black and white photos!
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Thanks ya'll for the comments. Even though I have Japanese heritage I don't speak the language at all..I'm an American first and foremost as I see it. It's funny when I talk to native Japanese people they laugh because of my accent since I am from NC

Haha nice car any chance you race out of skagit with that sprint car? I saw you said you lived in washington state and I used to make an annual trip to go watch races there and at evergreen speedway. Dad used to race street stocks at a little track up here and same with my grandfather, believe he was in street stocks as well.

Well next year i'm gonna be full time on modifieds..but yes, I have raced at Skagit. I'll be in Monroe at Evergreen next year! can't wait!

Oh wow cool Ive been down to monroe once a year for the last 4 or 5 years and so let me know what days youll be there and I will be trying to organize my trip down that weekend.

"Go For Broke". I had a college professor who served in the 442nd and loaned me the book (I have a usefull history degree lol!) This is the first time I've heard about Go For Broke since then but I knew what you were writing about when I saw the 442. Awesome! The sprint cart is cool as well. Welcome!

Yeah the NASCAR Super Modifieds is what i'm going to try and aim for. If not, I could still settle to race sprint cars part time and do both.

I once used to fill-in absentee drivers in the Northwest Series of NASCAR when it was around too. So I've got a good all-around feel for racing in general as far as that aspect goes.

I've always been a bit tomboyish growing up. I was the only girl in the family and always wanted to do what my brothers and father did. Girls would play with dolls and I would ride motorcycles, dirtbikes and eventually turned to cars.

Haha I know originally my trips down to evergreen in monroe were to watch those guys in that series. Always planned our weekend down when thst series was there. Pete and Shane Harding are from the same place Im from an used to race that series. We watched Pete win northwest series and shane win super stocks in the same night. Thats a few years back now though and pete retired I think.

You know anything about ARCA? I met Frank Kimmel once they were racing there a while back on the same weekend I was and we had a blast drinking beer lol

They were supposed to build a NASCAR track here in Central Washington but it never panned out. It would of been a large Super Speedway like Talladega or Daytona too.

Oooh damn. Now that would have been cool. Around my place we have two 1/4 mile tracks but one cant be used as noise complaints shut it down.... A road course and a drag strip. We only get smaller very local stuff for the most part so thats why the trips down to monroe and skagit.

It would of happened but the county/city where it was being built said they didnt want to hear the noise. But it would of helped out the economy greatly there..it would of been built in Moses Lake. A 2.5 miler