• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Yee haw

yee haw

Howdy folks I have had CD for over 30 yrs and in the last 4 i have been in a downward trend on fighting it...in the past 30 yrs I lived life large almost totally disease free racing motocross and go karts for fun and working a 9 to 5 er then after a good run in California I moved to Montana to retire at the tender age of 51 U know a stress free lifestyle of fishing hiking and just enjoying life...lol wrong
BOOM it'sssssss back!!! Over 30 years had past since they removed 18"of my terminal Iliem i thought maybe i had it down and CD had forgot about me
and here i was back in ER with a Partial blockage 2006 since then 10 times and 3 in the last 3 months and as I type i was released less the 12 hours ago, all Partial blockages that called for a 2,3,4 day stay in the hospital and prednisone in a bag and off i went ..so much for that stress free lifestyle

i find your forum a wealth of knowledge and I love reading all of the posts some very entertaining and some that bring tears to eyes ...I have had a good life and for you all I wish they would find a cure instead of meds..Hell I wish and I pray for it Not just for me but for u young uns
please excuse my bad grammar and miss spelled words ...part of livin in montana is not caring about the small stuff that god never wrote in his commandments

but I need some help with a big decision ...drugs or the dreaded 2nd surgery

Astra

Hi usedup
and welcome

how about the biologics? Remicade, Humira, Cimzia
or the immuno suppressants? Azathioprine, Mercaptupurine
I think I'd exhaust all other avenues before I got opened up, I'd have to be at death's door first! Surgery can bring other problems such as more scar tissue, IMO
Enjoy the forum!
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
HI usedup and welcome to the forum!!! Indeed I know your problem as I had to face the very thing and I opted for a second surgery, however it was a botched surgery and there were no such thing as biologics. I have been on Remicade, became seriously allergic, Humira peter'd out and Cimzia isnt in Canada. My choice in your place, sometimes Remicade helps fistulas but not sure about narrowing in the intestines, I have had full blown blockages and it is far worse than natural childbirth. For now I am doing ok, but when a blockage comes again, I will not hesitate for a 3rd surgery, my body hates meds and they never work for me or my narrowing intestines. Tough decision, ask your Gi what your choices are, glad you found us, nice to some oldies here!!! Ahem, like, some of us lol.

Hey there welcome to the forums and some amazing positiveness. I do hope you get better quick and back to that stress free life. Best of luck!
thanks you guys and astra...it seems I needed something to be positive about and you all have gave me some hope and with reading though the forums im not ready to give up yet ...but mentally this is the most doom i have had in my life ever ....God I can be such a wuss ....i have no right to feel sorry for myself ....I know now im not alone in this battle

It is not an easy thing to have to deal with. Your not a wuss. I always try to keep the positive attitude even when things get bad and say, It could be better but thank god it is not worse! Hopefully things will start to get better :)

Thanks jenn.....xanex is keeping the bad thoughts down but the tears of the unknown ...are ..well you know most guys aren't suppose to cry ....i think since I starting reading the post in the forums I'm starting to feel ok with my tears....and jan 5 im pushing my doc for remicade or Humria ...something to look forward ...really really scared of the knife