• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Got Guts AtThunderhill II

I just found this forum and am compelled to join. I am 59, live in Northern California, and was diagnosed with CD in 1992. I've had one surgery in 1994, and have been doing well for the last 3 or 4 years (since I started 6MP). A couple of years ago I decided to spend less time working and more time doing volunteer work. I've gotten involved with the Northern California chapter of CCFA. Those folks are the greatest in my book. In addition to helping at patient education forums and walkathons, I decided to combine my love of cars with a fundraiser last year. So I rented a racetrack and convinced about 75 folks to pay to drive their sports and high performance cars on the track for a whole day. We also conducted a raffle that raised additional funds. In all, we raised more than $10,000 for medical research, and my local Miata club, the event's co-sponsor, presented CCFA that check last July.

Well, I've decided to do it again. My club is hosting Got Guts At Thunderhill II on Monday, April 23, 2007, at Thunderhill Park in Willows, CA (about 90 miles north of Sacramento). You are all welcome to come out and participate or just watch, and perhaps buy a few raffle tickets to support our cause. Visit www.gotgutsatthunderhill.com for the complete lowdown. One day we are going to lick these diseases once and for all...I just know it. :) Thanks for listening.

Ron

Welcome!

Hi Ron!
Welcome to the forum and I love your positive attitude.
I do believe it has a lot to do with the way we feel about ourselves and this disease.

And....YES one day they will find a cure.
I'm quite involved in our local chapter up here in Canada.

Once again,
Welcome!
Hugs~Nancy

R

ruthymg

Would love to come but unfortunately I'm a little too far away. Good luck though, sounds like a great day.

Ruth

Thanks Karen. I see that most of you who have replied to this thread are far far removed from Northern California. But if you want to help, you can by participating in the raffle portion of this event. Check out www.gotgutsatthunderhill.com/raffle.html for a list of raffle prizes already collected, and instructions on how to buy raffle tickets by mail. Winners need not be present. And I will personally ship your winnings at my expense. Every raffle dollar collected goes straight to CCFA. Thanks again.

Ron