• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newish in NZ

newish in NZ

Hallo
Got sick from about year and half... initially diagnosed with mild ulcerative colitis through colonoscopy and biopsies. Kept trying to tell them I was getting sicker from about July onwards.... but they kept telling me they didn't have evidence, blood tests etc and that I should be getting better. Admitted to hospital Nov/dec and finally more evidence then got real sick with 15 hour fevers- 104, erythema nodosum, eye problems(looked worse than a Zombie), inability to walk and stuff(how does that happen?), spontaneous peritonitis?finally blood tests etc also show story, spent 2 weeks in hospital and now getting help and support. Looks more like Crohns, some involvement of terminal ilieum, lack of B12, low potassium despite huge banana eater....
Looking forward to getting better and having a better year. So nice to be home.

Hope you are all having a good year.
DX initially May2010- UC... now looking more like crohns-

Meds- Azathioprine-100, Budenoside 9, pentasa 3g oral 2g supp, B12 injections, Losec, norethisterone 10. (also have endometriosis) steroids for eyes.